It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 am

My updated pedal board 
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post My updated pedal board
I know everyone like to check out pedal boards so I’m posting my updated version. I’ll be adding a mod duo as well in the near future. I want to control everything with my soft step 2 including the mixer (kmix) and the duo when I get it. The box with the8 buttons is my design I built and it has two channels one for each side. They are loopers in that they are effect loops. ( one send and on return)I can split the melody and bass and send only what I want to the pedal in the chain it’s hooked up too. It works great for me. Gives me lots of control. Sometime I don’t want reverb in the bass and only want chorus in melody I can set it up however I want.
The kmix is great and small. Dean mentioned this once upon a time and it’s pretty darn good 8 in’s ten outs 3 six sends and it’s an interface so I can record from it lots of tweaking of levels and eq plus compressors and gates The reverb is ok

The box with the three buttons is my version of the strymon multi switch. It just works on read resistance when you push the buttons. These can be set to activate looping in timeline or scrolling through presets.

My goal with all of this was to avoid bending over and tweaking while playing and keeping my hands where they belong. On the stick. It worked great on my first official stick gig (video to follow)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maple SG12 #6914 Classic Tuning
Website robgellner.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChuob7 ... bmRsfgswJQ

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:31 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: My updated pedal board
Nice!

I've been wanting a K-Mix but a little bit out of my budget at the moment.
Can't wait to see it with the Duo.

NS/Stick - Prototype #2
Started 11/24/2012

http://www.GreenElephantStudio.com
Now Selling - MOD DUO, Tech21, Ebtech, KMI, Earasers, IsoAcoustics

Subscribe to the NS/Stick YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NSSTICK

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:20 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Jzzb8ovn wrote:
I know everyone like to check out pedal boards so I’m posting my updated version. I’ll be adding a mod duo as well in the near future. I want to control everything with my soft step 2 including the mixer (kmix) and the duo when I get it. The box with the8 buttons is my design I built and it has two channels one for each side. They are loopers in that they are effect loops. ( one send and on return)I can split the melody and bass and send only what I want to the pedal in the chain it’s hooked up too. It works great for me. Gives me lots of control. Sometime I don’t want reverb in the bass and only want chorus in melody I can set it up however I want.
The kmix is great and small. Dean mentioned this once upon a time and it’s pretty darn good 8 in’s ten outs 3 six sends and it’s an interface so I can record from it lots of tweaking of levels and eq plus compressors and gates The reverb is ok

The box with the three buttons is my version of the strymon multi switch. It just works on read resistance when you push the buttons. These can be set to activate looping in timeline or scrolling through presets.

My goal with all of this was to avoid bending over and tweaking while playing and keeping my hands where they belong. On the stick. It worked great on my first official stick gig (video to follow)

I'm sooo Jealous, Love it! Strymon, my dream machines. I think my whole board cost less than your Strymons! :cry: When I start gigging again perhaps I can look into those.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:01 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

I’ve always been of the opinion don’t ever cheap out when it comes to something that brings you great joy. My horns I play are exactly what I want. Not the most expensive but they are what I need my pedal board is getting there. I’m sure I’ll always want more especially when guys post about really cool pedals from time to time. I love the strymon stuff. What doesn’t show underneathis that I have the Ojai power supply (by strymon 500 milli amps dc output per slot and there are 5 so that’s enough power for me and it’s quiet. Not like the one spot I got that was buzzing all the time. )and a Keith McMillen midi converter.

Maple SG12 #6914 Classic Tuning
Website robgellner.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChuob7 ... bmRsfgswJQ

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:38 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Jzzb8ovn wrote:
What doesn’t show underneathis that I have the Ojai power supply (by strymon 500 milli amps dc output per slot and there are 5 so that’s enough power for me and it’s quiet. Not like the one spot I got that was buzzing all the time. )

Power is often overlooked. I recently watched a video on youtube going over the power supply. With any daisy chain you will not have the isolation and can cause noise and other problems.
I highly recommend watching this video to learn about power.

NS/Stick - Prototype #2
Started 11/24/2012

http://www.GreenElephantStudio.com
Now Selling - MOD DUO, Tech21, Ebtech, KMI, Earasers, IsoAcoustics

Subscribe to the NS/Stick YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NSSTICK

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:50 am
Profile My Photo Gallery