It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:37 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Amps 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Amps
Amps are a reoccurring topic of discussion.
My faves are made by Epifani. Already turned a few students onto these great amps. I use a cab and amp head for each side of the Stick. Restaurant gig or concert, I find these to be perfect for 3D fullness, tone versatility and volume flexibility . And lightweight

Steve A

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Amps
Oops. I don't play them sideways

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:03 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Steve, those are great amps from what I have heard and what you showed me. Right now its overkill for me and a bit more expensive than I want to go, as I am still very much a novice. For you, playing professionally and with a busy performance schedule, that is an excellent overall rig.

When I get to your level of ability :lol: I will look into purchasing those!

12 String Padauk Grand #6693, Classic Tuning, medium strings, GK3 MIDI

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:06 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

My perspective...
Even at home practicing, a great rig will motivate you to play and explore more. Creativity becomes a byproduct
The joyous sound becomes inspiring thus worth every penny. Why compromise the gift of music because you're not gigging. The gratification is the sonic energy you produce and digest.
Steve A

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:22 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Still too expensive for us poor folks. Limited budjet makes me make do. Rich Uncle still in PoorHouse. Fairy Godmother forced to leave Country due to Immigration Status. Sigh........

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:28 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Fully understood. Just seems unfortunate to spend 3k on an instrument and not get the full benefit with an inferior amp. Budgets are always considered. I see these expenses as a benefit spread over many years
Steve A

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:56 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Oh, I know what I want. What I got works, not to my ecstatic overwhelment but live and learn. I can play a gig, rehearse. The live sound is not where I want it, but at home in my bedroom/studio/gym/office/entertainment center/sex-den I have a very usable set-up that sounds as good as MY PLAYING ALLOWS. I get what you're saying, you gotta hear what that incredible instrument provides...

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:15 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Sex Den overrides any comments made here.
That's why they make sub woofers
Enjoy
Steve A

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:19 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Heh, I'm in the noob camp of "I'll get better equipment when I've earned it". Also, I think that by going with primitive equipment I avoid the temptation to gloss over my poor playing technique with techno-tricks. E.g., don't want something hiding the fact that I fingered the passage poorly.

So long as the speaker is good enough for those rare occasions my untrained fingers play for guests, I'm good. When it's not, then I guess I've earned some better equipment.

That's not to say I wouldn't mind playing with fun toys, but ... someday. For now the railboard is my fun toy.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:25 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

This is getting rude, but the first time I played an open low-note on the Stick w/ my girlfriend in the room she left a puddle. (she has a "thing" for bass players. You know the type)

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:28 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next