It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 am

New Pedal Board build 
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post New Pedal Board build
The new board came this week, I've got it up and running only waiting on a Phase Shifter to complete it. I went a much different route than I had originally planned, opting for "stereo" modulation and delay sections. The results are beautiful. Will create a demo after the phaser arrives.

Lessons learned, always create your cables after you get your board, going off of measurements only is not a good idea on "soldered" cables! :( :( I created my evidence audio cables in advanced based on all cables going under the board so only the plugs would be visible..... FAIL!!!

Oh well, the soldered cable kit was a steal at 70$ for enough cable and plugs for 10 cables. Next time I will definitely go solderless but even though I have george L's on this board, I'd prefer not using them cause for me they always come loose after a bit. The evidence audio SIS plugs seem promising, anyone ever tried those?

Here's the new board its a Gator XL aluminum with case.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:35 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: New Pedal Board build
Really cool Pete! I love checking out these boards you guys make, I myself was kind of putting together a pedalboard for one of my guitar rigs, but then I found myself removing all of the stuff one pedal at a time until I had guitar-cable-tuner-amp sort of thing. I might be getting lazy, I just didn't want to carry all of that stuff... hahaha

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:52 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Pedals to me are for adding spice and color, I've used them since I got my first guitar. Back then it was more for fun, but now its mostly to try and match the tone/timbre of whatever cover tune I want to do or even just how I'm feeling at the time. I live in reverb and light ambient delays, I think Metheny once said he liked using his Prime time delays etc.. cause it gave an acoustical ambience to his guitar. Sounds kind of funny but I actually felt that way too though most would say it doesn't make any sense. LOL

You're not taking my pedals even if I get to old to carry them myself!

Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:51 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

I will add that I've seen some players in "Bar bands" over use them or use them like a crutch, like burying mediocre solos in heavy phase shifter etc.. the musicality always has to come first. If you notice most of the pedals are tone shaping and drive, only 2 modulation pedals, No wah or odd ball filters etc.. 1/2 my pedals are always on so to me I don't really think about them as effects perse more just creating a sound base that I'm in love with and let me tell you I'm in love with the sound I've got going now! The Alan Holdsworth pickups running thru the Soul Preacher then to the Joyo Ultimate drive, man o man I've never heard such drive from a tapping instrument. Looking forward to making a demo video soon.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:57 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

pcgonzales wrote:
I will add that I've seen some players in "Bar bands" over use them or use them like a crutch, like burying mediocre solos in heavy phase shifter etc.. the musicality always has to come first. If you notice most of the pedals are tone shaping and drive, only 2 modulation pedals, No wah or odd ball filters etc.. 1/2 my pedals are always on so to me I don't really think about them as effects perse more just creating a sound base that I'm in love with and let me tell you I'm in love with the sound I've got going now! The Alan Holdsworth pickups running thru the Soul Preacher then to the Joyo Ultimate drive, man o man I've never heard such drive from a tapping instrument. Looking forward to making a demo video soon.

Nice! I can't wait to hear what you're up to, Pete!

lol If I could find a willing slave to carry all my stuff that might change things... hahaha I am too lazy to carry even my AxeFX rig or my L6 Helix for my guitar stuff... :D

Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:22 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

I see that new HOF pedal is at the base of the board where you can get at it. Have you explored those new features? Would love to hear about it.

Board looks rad, lots of sonic opportunities.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:03 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

earthgene wrote:
I see that new HOF pedal is at the base of the board where you can get at it. Have you explored those new features? Would love to hear about it.

Board looks rad, lots of sonic opportunities.

Yes, HOF is amazing. I had to put it where I could get to the "MASH" footswitch, its too bad they don't have it configured to have either an expression pedal or toneprint switch (there are 3 tone print slots). Editing the HOF toneprint is too much fun, but man there are lot of parameters you can control. I'll be sure to demo some ambient settings.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:25 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

This is great , I'm about to mount mine to make it organised & usable when I go out and play.
HOF , had my eye on that one, one thing I dont have as a pedal is ReVerb.
Nice Work. :D

Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:59 am
Profile My Photo Gallery