It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:50 am

Frustrated with Lap Dawg + truss rod 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Frustrated with Lap Dawg + truss rod
I did some readjusting of the belthook, and moved the lapdawg - I am much happier now! I played for about 8 hours yesterday - no thumbs needed. What a difference! Of course, I still suck so that needs work, but at least my thumbs don't hurt and I can play seated and have the Stick pretty much support itself. Cool.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:06 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

It seems like some belt-hook positions work better than others for getting to the truss.

However you are supporting the instrument, the one thing you want to avoid is having to "support " the instrument with the thumb. It should be necessary to do this. I fouls the Lap Dawg was pretty nicely balanced. Just make sure your thighs are parallel to the floor, so it doesn't want to "roll" forward...

Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:08 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

greg wrote:
It seems like some belt-hook positions work better than others for getting to the truss.

However you are supporting the instrument, the one thing you want to avoid is having to "support " the instrument with the thumb. It should be necessary to do this. I fouls the Lap Dawg was pretty nicely balanced. Just make sure your thighs are parallel to the floor, so it doesn't want to "roll" forward...

Lol I have been supporting this thing with my thumbs since I got it in 2014! It's really kind of funny how much easier it is to play this thing with "free hands" :D

I now have to get out of the habit of my LH wrist bend, but I'll get it...

Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:50 pm