It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:32 pm

New game changer virtual amp suite - Blue Cat Axiom 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post New game changer virtual amp suite - Blue Cat Axiom
Hey guys.

So I've had to downsize my gear setup at home, as we're making space for a new member of the family. :mrgreen:

But I'm happy that this software was released recently, because it gives me even more flexibilty and (IMO) better sound than my previous pedalboard and amp setup did. Blue Cat Audio was kind enough to gift me with a preview license, and now that it's been officially released, I figured it was time to tell you guys about it.

Axiom is a guitar and amp suite that has virtually unlimited numbers of amp models, depending on how you tweak things. Instead of utilizing traditional amp models and impulse responses, it utilizes waveshaping, compression, and filters to take your sound from polite to crazy. It includes a full version of their Destructor and Late Replies plugins that can be used inside of Axiom. Not only is it a plugin, but it's also a standalone application. I won't go into details regarding what each of those plugins can do, because they're incredibly deep and would need a whole other thread. Basically, they provide the core of the distortion and modulation effects.

Notice there are Channels A & B up top, which is the Stick Central. You can indeed load up completely different effect chains for either input of the Stick and output it in stereo.

You can use the plethora of built-in effects to make a full pedal and amp to cab chain, or you can load up any third-party effect into the chain. Even your third-party effect parameters will load up into the interface like this:

Additionally, you can load up virtual instruments into the slots below. Link up a MIDI sequencer to a synth, and a virtual drum machine, and you're an instant one-man Stick band in front of your computer. Or, take an interface, a laptop, and a PA setup to a show. I'll post a Soundcloud link later on with a little jam session so you can hear the kind of tones I get with the Stick.

Until May 15, Blue Cat is offering discounts on Axiom and the new "Axe Pack" which includes their plugin host Patchwork, as well as full versions of Late Replies and Destructor which can be used outside of Axiom.
https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_Axiom/

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Bundle_AxePack/

I've been absolutely loving this software, so I wanted to let you guys know about it as well.

Padauk 10 String #4951
DBM Tuning

Tue May 01, 2018 3:04 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: New game changer virtual amp suite - Blue Cat Axiom
I have Blue Cat Audio's Blue Cat's PatchWork, which lets me use my VSTs inside Pro Tools as if they were native PT plugins, and load AU files and other plugins that normally don't play nice with Pro Tools. You can chain several plugins together inside the Patchwork plugin as well, which is useful and cool.

But, sorry, I say that because they keep sending me offers for a discount on their virtual amp suite, and I though "Maybe that's a cool product from a company I like. If only someone I knew would try it out for me!"

And then you posted this. So thanks so much and I'm going to take another look at this. I use Guitar Rig for most of my Stick melody distortion stuff, and I'm already down with software modeling of amps (I'm a peasant keyboard player who doesn't know the beauty or power of a real amp for distortion). Thanks so much!

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Tue May 01, 2018 3:49 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: New game changer virtual amp suite - Blue Cat Axiom
Don’t feel obligated to buy it, obviously. ;) Their demo restrictions are pretty minor (audio occasionally drops out).

IMO, Blue Cat has been knocking it out of the park since last year. They’re also working on their older plugins, giving them facelifts and new functionality.

Axiom gives a lot of functionality and flexibility that other amp suites can’t touch. And don’t worry about liking software modeling of amps. If you need evidence that modeling is actually accepted by pros now, look at how many bands are using Kempers or Axe FX connected directly to FOH.

Padauk 10 String #4951
DBM Tuning

Wed May 02, 2018 9:08 am