It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:42 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 MOD DUO 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: MOD DUO
Gusset wrote:
Well, I had been un-afflicted by GAS for the past year.

You must be swimming in de-nile....

NS/Stick - Prototype #2
Started 11/24/2012

http://www.GreenElephantStudio.com
Now Selling - MOD DUO, Tech21, Ebtech, KMI, Earasers, IsoAcoustics

Subscribe to the NS/Stick YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NSSTICK

Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:03 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I tested the time it takes to go between banks and it's somewhere between 5 and 10 seconds to change between pedalboards. That isn't too bad if you have a bit of time between songs. But if you are in a high speed change then it won't work for that...

NS/Stick - Prototype #2
Started 11/24/2012

Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:39 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I've got to add my thanks to all of those above for making me aware of this pedal and the two great videos on your channel. I've been this close to ordering a StepAbout and starting on the pedal-board journey but now I'm thinking I might need one of these first. :-) If anyone out there is using it with a PASV-4 I'd love to hear if they think the inputs are high-impedance enough. I'd be looking to make some pedal-boards specific to Stick as well as NS. . . .

--Jeff

Last edited by jluebke on Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:27 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

jluebke wrote:
I've got to add my thanks to all of those above for making me aware of this pedal and the two great videos on your channel. I been this close to ordering a StepAbout and starting on the pedal-board journey but now I'm thinking I might need one of these first. :-) If anyone out there is using it with a PASV-4 I'd love to hear if they think the inputs are high-impedance enough. I'd be looking to make some pedal-boards specific to Stick as well as NS. . . .

--Jeff

I've used it with the stickup and the impedance seems to be fine, sounds great. I'm using it mostly with the actv2 now and as expected - also fine!

Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:54 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Gusset wrote:
Hi Dean, thanks for your cheerleading on this, and taking the time to record the videos.

Currently I've settled on two pedals (Zoom multi-fx on each side) and a mixer as my entire signal chain, with the mixer sending a mono signal to a combo bass amp. The Zooms have 1 Mohm input impedance, so though I'm not sure it's appropriate, they're my functional DIs.

Relatively portable, quick set up.

Could a Duo replace this in its entirety? I couldn't find input impedance for it, so I don't know if a DI is needed, and i am not sure from what video content I've viewed whether the Duo can adequately fill the role of the mixer.

I guess I'm asking if a Duo, a Stick cable, an instrument cable, and a combo amp could be my entire rig, or if something else is needed.

To add to Deans comments:

I also use 2 Zooms (MS50 and 60) for my busking rig straight into my amp.

With some time and some thought, the DUO will do exactly the same thing with added flexibility and better sound quality. I must emphasize that you need to put the time into it to get it right, especially input and output levels. Because both channels can be routed to the one output, a single reverb or other spacial effect can be used for a more homogenous sound (minimise clashing delay/reverb times etc.). Effects can still be changed in and out with the footswitches and knobs all the way up the blending of the outputs.

All the options can be pretty overwhelming if you don't have a focused view of what you require from the unit...

Cheers,

Tim

Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:04 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Hi all. If anyone is interested I am selling my Mod Duo.
Classified thread is here - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11855&hilit=mod+duo

Thanks

Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:55 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Well, I'm in now...I picked up Karma's unit.

It's powerful. Now that I have it in hand I can see that it will in all likelihood end up being my entire signal chain in due time.

Is there actual documentation out there for this product yet, or just the wiki and forum searching? If nothing formal yet, perfectly understandable given that this is on the tail end of being crowdsourced, but hopefully, now that they've announced and shown at NAMM, resources will be applied to some semi-professionally written documentation. A "Getting Started" guide would be a great place to start.

Looking forward to getting to know this unit.

With a Bluetooth dongle, can it be effectively used with an iPad?

Bamboo Grand #7363 MR ACTV2, Tarara Grand #5677 MR PASV4
Tap In Time Podcast: tapintime.podbean.com/

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:04 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Gusset wrote:
Well, I'm in now...I picked up Karma's unit.

It's powerful. Now that I have it in hand I can see that it will in all likelihood end up being my entire signal chain in due time.

Is there actual documentation out there for this product yet, or just the wiki and forum searching? If nothing formal yet, perfectly understandable given that this is on the tail end of being crowdsourced, but hopefully, now that they've announced and shown at NAMM, resources will be applied to some semi-professionally written documentation. A "Getting Started" guide would be a great place to start.

Looking forward to getting to know this unit.

With a Bluetooth dongle, can it be effectively used with an iPad?

Welcome to the MOD Duo family!
There are discussions on the forum and within the company to get some kind of startup guide completed. It may be a series of videos. Chime in on their forum with any/all of your ideas. They really want to hear them! https://forum.moddevices.com

I am always happy to answer any questions as well.

NS/Stick - Prototype #2
Started 11/24/2012

Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:07 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Hmmmn, my interest steadily grows in this product...

Dean, any chance of you posting any more demo videos?

I'd really like to hear a tube-ish overdrive, the fuzz tones and what the pitch shifting options are, (Whammy?) Also, does it loop?

Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:19 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Jayesskerr wrote:
Also, does it loop?
I can answer this one, as I played with it for a few minutes last night (never used one, and it was less intimidating than some of the other plugins)...it does have a simple looper. I don't know how long it can sample for, though. No quantizing as yet.

Bamboo Grand #7363 MR ACTV2, Tarara Grand #5677 MR PASV4
Tap In Time Podcast: tapintime.podbean.com/

Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:59 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next