It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:38 am

Native Instruments and MIDI Sticks 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Native Instruments and MIDI Sticks
This should be fun. I like producing cinematic music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBvKlnelMpQ
The Stick is a very cool way of expressing these sounds.

#404 Stick - (1978) Angico hard wood.
#6460 Railboard - Black with glow inlays.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:19 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Native Instruments and MIDI Sticks
Werkspace, I love all of Native Instrument products. If I had to stay with only one company, I could do probably 90% of everything I want to do using only NI products. From guitars to synths to vocals--heck, the program Kontakt alone can do almost anything in the way of sampled banks. I have so incredibly much of Kontakt stuff on file. I think I have a few portable hard drives with nothing but Kontakt banks on them. I collect it like freaking Pokemon--gotta get the African Bush Cymbal Made From the Tusk of a White Elephant sound bank and then never use it, like someone who collects shoes that they never wear. 99% of the time I play the freaking piano patch anyway, 'cause I loves me some piano. But I love the idea of having every sound in the world in a bank at my fingertips. Oh--there's a Mongolian Wind Chime Made From Yak!

But I do love NI Products and would love to shamelessly sell out and be a spokesperson and get shit for free!

Them plus Waves products, and I'm about done. The rest is just candy to play with.

I watched that video and got the gear aching immediately--that clarinet sound was freaking awesome!

Good stuff! Rock it out and can't wait to hear what you make!

Steve

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:00 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Ditto on the NI stuff. I don't have a ton but every time I've tried to go the digital rig route (including this current go around), I've used Guitar Rig for any Stick tones other than just clean. For clean delay I prefer the stock Mainstage/Logic stuff but some of the more freaky delays, I use GR. Since I discovered Valhalla DSP, they are my only source for reverbs. I also really like Absynth.

The one thing NI did that almost lost me though was when they dumped support for their Akoustic and Elektric Piano products. I understand that those have been replaced with new stuff but they never offered a cross upgrade. The old shit just stopped working and when I asked, they wanted full price for the new stuff. Pretty bush league but shame on me I suppose as I'm still a customer.

A little off topic, yesterday for the first time I tried a little really old meets really new experiment. I ran my old Roland Juno-60 into my computer and start processing the hell out of the some of my patches using Valhalla Shimmer. Ohhhh myyyyy goooodness! Pure joy!

Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:12 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

These guys are pretty good. http://8dio.com/instrument-map/
paigan0 wrote:
Werkspace, I love all of Native Instrument products. If I had to stay with only one company, I could do probably 90% of everything I want to do using only NI products. From guitars to synths to vocals--heck, the program Kontakt alone can do almost anything in the way of sampled banks. I have so incredibly much of Kontakt stuff on file. I think I have a few portable hard drives with nothing but Kontakt banks on them. I collect it like freaking Pokemon--gotta get the African Bush Cymbal Made From the Tusk of a White Elephant sound bank and then never use it, like someone who collects shoes that they never wear. 99% of the time I play the freaking piano patch anyway, 'cause I loves me some piano. But I love the idea of having every sound in the world in a bank at my fingertips. Oh--there's a Mongolian Wind Chime Made From Yak!

But I do love NI Products and would love to shamelessly sell out and be a spokesperson and get shit for free!

Them plus Waves products, and I'm about done. The rest is just candy to play with.

I watched that video and got the gear aching immediately--that clarinet sound was freaking awesome!

Good stuff! Rock it out and can't wait to hear what you make!

Steve

#404 Stick - (1978) Angico hard wood.
#6460 Railboard - Black with glow inlays.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:33 pm
Contributor
Contributor

I use NI products almost everyday for my musical needs..I have a lot of NI software.. i also use IK multimedia software, Toontracks, addictive drums/ keys ( i really dislike addictive keys)but i love addictive drums

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:21 am