It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:06 am

My Ultimate gig - So far 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post My Ultimate gig - So far
This happened a few weeks back, but I had my biggest gig ever at a well known & busy tourist facility.
The Peninsula Hot Springs are big network of natural hot spring pools covering many acres. Its a beautiful spot. Finally cracked it via some contacts who thought the Stick would be a perfect addition to their Sunday Sessions in summer. Required was 3 x 40 min sets.
Anyway I practiced like mad, 3 x 40 is a huge stretch, so I included 5 on Acoustic guitar.
For an afternoon I felt like a professional musician again, well paid, vouchers to the facility, food , drink etc.
Quite casual in a sense , with a passing crowd wandering in and out from pools to eat & drink.
All went well, Grand , Alto & guitar . Sang on about a third of them. Interestingly I really enjoyed the guitar , it's actually a long time since I've done gigs with a guitar, easy to learn songs! Jack Johnson, Bruce Cockburn, James Taylor. Fingerpicked.

Back on Ship I feel like I've hit a wall. But its strange times , virus procedures are intense, I got the Alto out last night , getting enthused again. It's getting harder to get home, easily.
Nonetheless that was a fun milestone to achieve. As my wife said, " and what a gig , a bunch of women in bikinis sitting right of front of you & wandering around, you'd love it !" Well yes, Tough work , but someone had to do it. :D Usual thanks to Steve Adelson , who has helped lots to get me this far.
Stay safe everyone , crazy times. Be kind to one another , there's lots of stress about. Pics below.
I was really hoping for the French StickCamp in August , but I think that will have to wait for the world to recover.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:26 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: My Ultimate gig - So far
Congrats on your progress and accomplishments. Always positive, is that sense of achievement to inspire more exploration and practice on this great musical instrument
Stay safe at sea.

Steve A

Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:32 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: My Ultimate gig - So far
SO awesome. I do so love a good StickGigPic...! Good on ya PB, you are doing it right...!

Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:13 am
Profile My Photo Gallery