It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 pm

My first stick gig.....kinda 
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post My first stick gig.....kinda
Well I got out for my first time to jam with a dozen people this morning. In the city I live in (Guelph Ontario) we have a group where people just show up with whatever they play and we just free form jam. no instructions, no keys, no music, just start playing anything that comes into your head or fingers in my case. It went for and hour and a half morphing from one thing into another. Kinda medatative. No wrong notes no worries. It was fun. Of course the fun started when it was over, and because Ive read numerous posts knew, I would get bombarded with the What is that? questions and everyone wanting to try it out. Most guitar players who were there seem most interested but also the most tentative to try it out.Its funny watching them strum and pick at the strings but thats what they are used to. It was good to get out and just play and share this amazing instrument.

Maple SG12 #6914 Classic Tuning
Website robgellner.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChuob7 ... bmRsfgswJQ

Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:17 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: My first stick gig.....kinda
Congrats. First foray stories always get a +1.

Rosewood Grand, PASV4

Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:22 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: My first stick gig.....kinda
A Huge congratulation. It's always an impressive step to do, one only a stickist will fully understand I think. Of all the instruments I've messed with over the years this is, by far, the most difficult and rewarding of them all. Truly: congratulations! :)

Sent by Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:59 pm