It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:31 am

RECAP: FHF year one 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post RECAP: FHF year one
Thanks to everyone that made it out to Stick Night in Canoga Park last Friday and all those that were able to tune into the session with Bob Culbertson and friends.

Our discussion with Bob included bits with Michael Johnstone, Kevin Keith, Don Schiff and even Emmett himself. Topics ranged from how Bob came to hear about the Stick, visions on the future of the instrument, new models and as always, plenty of humor and good cheer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXMLNJUTAww[/youtube]

Big thanks to everyone that contributed to the program over this past year. Whether you were hosting, acting as an admin on the program, being a guest or tuning into to partake in the creamy center that is the Stick community - you know who you are, thank you.

This next year we'll be checking in with more Stickists from all over the world as well as finding ways to share what we know and love about our favorite instrument. This Friday, April 24 at 12pm PST, will be a session with Dan Chapman, detailing his trip with Emmett and Steve Adelson to Phoenix for their show at the MIM.

May will feature South American players - this Sunday, April 26 we'll be recording a session with Stickista hero GUILLERMO CIDES. time to be announced. This session will be in both Spanish / English, but all are welcome. Guillermo has a long list of items he will be covering - I highly recommend tuning in if you want to find out more about one of the world's most popular and prolific Stick players.

Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:36 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: RECAP: FHF year one
Thanks for all you have done, Gene. I hope that I can be of some use en Mayo.

Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:13 pm

Very interested in the stick that Bob is getting made.
Right in between a grand and a SG12. I believe Emmett said it was around 27" scale?
I play an alto now and the regular sticks are just a bit big for me. This may be my next stick?

I will be watching this very closely.

Cheers

Rosewood Alto #5764

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:18 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

AS always, big fun to watch :)
Thank you :)

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:23 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

DDibbly wrote:
Very interested in the stick that Bob is getting made.
Right in between a grand and a SG12. I believe Emmett said it was around 27" scale?

Emmett said it would have a 32" scale length: your Alto's scale length is 26.5" (Emmett misspoke).

EDIT: Personally, the Railboard version of either the Alto or the SG12 may well be my next Stick. I figure that I will have a firm understanding of my string spacing requirements by the time I have the money. :lol:

Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:48 pm