It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:48 pm

Free Hands Friday announcements 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Free Hands Friday announcements
After almost a whole year of Free Hands Friday, I am preparing to wrap up the current weekly host-guest session format. It is my hope that it has allowed everyone an opportunity to meet people who are passionate about music, the instrument and the community.

Just like with Song of the Week, I am shooting for 52 sessions. In the past year, we have only missed 2 Fridays, this Friday being the third. I suppose we could chalk those up as PTO. I say we as there are many here that have greatly contributed to the effort of creating meaningful content for us, as musicians and friends, to learn from. I will save the vast list of people who deserve praise beyond what an enormous virtual hug is capable of for the coming sessions.

Which are going to be fantastic.

This Wednesday, March 25 at 1pm PST, out guest will be Glenn Poorman with host Dave Brosky. You can bet we'll be talking about MIDI, looping, Interlochen, dogs and hockey (of course) to start! Glenn's creative genius is not limited to the Stick, he plays many instruments and is a capable songwriter as well. Glenn has been without a doubt a fantastic resource for many players, I'm pleased to know we'll get an opportunity to hear him and Dave shoot the breeze. This will be posted to the stickist and the FHA FB site on Friday, March 27. If you'd like to be included, please drop a reply here so we can include you in the hangout!

Next Friday, March 27 (time TBD), we will have special guest Kevin Keith as our special guest. For many of us, Kevin is the face of the Railboard, the next generation of Stick. By day, Kevin's skills are in big time demand as a sound engineer with youtube LA. Kevin's skills are also in demand as an instructor. He was a core instructor with FHA 2013 and a featured artist at FHA 2014 and be involved with Stick Camp 2014. This session will be posted to the FHF g+ site and FB page on Friday, April 3.

I am hoping to have the final FHF event be at the Guitar Merchant on Friday, April 17. The event will feature Kevin Keith, Don Schiff, Bob Culbertson, Emmett Chapman and myself. We'll have some impromptu commentary, live performances, delicious wine and good cheer all around as we celebrate an evening of live music featuring the Chapman Stick.

So, happy Free Hands Friday friends, I hope you are well. I will post more as soon as details are locked in - cheers!

Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Post Re: Free Hands Friday announcements
Ty Gene for the Freehands Fridays. I don't have a stick, but I still very much have enjoyed the presentations that I have seen.

I'm amazed at the dedication this community has in spreading their joy of the stick.

What I really would like is to meet someone with a stick and try it. So far the closest stickist to me, that I've communicated with, is in Fargo, ND. I'm in the Twin cities, MN.

My employment situation right now isnt optimal or Id try and attend some of the upcoming events in MI, and out east. Ideally I'd get to LA sometime and meet Emmett & order the Railboard (Maroon perhaps) and dive in head first. So the online sessions help keep me connected.

So far my fave player is ........ ha ha I cant even come close to deciding as I have so many fave songs by various artists.

I digress, but TY Gene and all who made FHF such a success!

Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:51 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

wayne wrote:
What I really would like is to meet someone with a stick and try it. So far the closest stickist to me, that I've communicated with, is in Fargo, ND. I'm in the Twin cities, MN.

Hey that's me! Ben (Oceans) is in the Twin cities, shoot him a message.

And thanks and applause to Gene for making all this FHF stuff happen!

Happy Free Hands Friday everyone!

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:18 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

wayne wrote:
What I really would like is to meet someone with a stick and try it. So far the closest stickist to me, that I've communicated with, is in Fargo, ND. I'm in the Twin cities, MN. !

I'm in Madison, WI, do you ever get down here? I'd be very happy to meet with you.

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:30 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

earthgene wrote:
So, happy Free Hands Friday friends, I hope you are well. I will post more as soon as details are locked in - cheers!

Thank you, Gene. This has been a great service to the community and I hope it was as rewarding for you as it was for us. Well done, sir!

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:40 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

The announced episodes have me checking my calendar already, no lie.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:21 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Gene - thank you so much for doing this - on top of all the other things you’ve done for the Stick community.

Now I’m curious what your next “one a week for a year” project might be… :D

Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:53 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Claire wrote:
Gene - thank you so much for doing this - on top of all the other things you’ve done for the Stick community.

Now I’m curious what your next “one a week for a year” project might be… :D

+ 1.000. Well done indeed. All the best. Gene. Sincerely//Jan

-Mobilis in mobil-

Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:54 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Gene, it has been a wonderful year watching FHF. I've learned so much and have found more great Stick music too! Thank you, thank you to you, the awesome guests and hosts and the rest of the Stick community that showed up and logged in. I've already saved the date for the Guitar Merchant, I can't wait!!!

Congrats on a job well done!!!

9/5/11... proud owner of Stick #6085, a "Classy" Wenge 10 with Stickup and glow linears!!

=/=====>

So Cal. Stick Seminar 2012 @ Mira Costa
FHA 2013 - Bel-Air (1 day)
FHA 2014 - Bel-Air

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:52 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Even though I'm almost never home to watch it live, I always see it later. Every time great and very informative!!! Hope I can be present in any of these last shows.

Thanks for all your help to the Stick community!!!

https://www.facebook.com/rulyongo

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQk_6T ... rOoBXeHHUA

Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:06 am
Profile My Photo Gallery