It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Potential appearance on FHF 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Potential appearance on FHF
Gene,

Thank you for what I believe might have been a serious invitation to participate in FHF. I humbly take it at face value, but have a few concerns:

1) Just yesterday, I told Jan I thought it would be best if we didn't speak, that total non-communication is preferable, to me and to every member of this forum. To participate in some sort of "Jan and K Rex Show" would be much akin to being under lights at a circus sideshow... not interested. That being said, I will have no problem participating in any way I can, whether Jan is there or not. As I stated before, I am friendly and comport myself as a gentleman.

2) I do not currently own, nor do I any longer play a Chapman Stick. This may be a deal-breaker for my involvement in the series. I could be wrong. I love the instrument, and while I love my Warr, I would buy a 10-string grand if $$$ presented itself.

3) With regard to #1, I am unsure in what context you would have me appear. As a guest, no problem. As a featured musician, we would have to discuss topics. With regard to #2, while I don't currently play a Stick, I do have quite a bit of experience there, and could negotiate a number of topics regarding music in general.

So, stay in touch, Gene. You may or may not want my involvement, and as I said, I may have to be walked through the steps... I am an ex-C+/Visual Basic/Flash guy who graduated from A+ in a corporate environment, but who has come to reject it altogether. I have also rejected most forms of social media and networking, so I know absolutely ZERO about g+. I'm sure getting hooked up isn't rocket science.

Let me know, bro.

Kev

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:15 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Potential appearance on FHF
Go for it Kev.... TaPPing down on the Farm!!! YEs!! :ugeek:

Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:01 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Figures...this couldn't happen AFTER all the hectic activity in my life right meow...

http://www.facebook.com/LucBergeronMusic

Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:18 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

That was definitely a real invitation, but I do not know what Gene has in mind for the format. As for not owning a Stick, I was on twice before I had paid my deposit. ;)

Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Quote:
That was definitely a real invitation, but I do not know what Gene has in mind for the format. As for not owning a Stick, I was on twice before I had paid my deposit.

That's reassuring. As far as the format is concerned, I am open to suggestions. Just being a spectator is fine with me. If I were to figure more prominently in the episode, I would have to bring something to the table which can be digested by stickists and non-stickists alike. While I make heavy use of effects, looping, etc. it seems like maybe those things have been covered to death... but I confess I haven't perused the episodes enough to know that's a fact or not.

My strength lies in the use of odd meters as compositional tools in order to create unique song structures. The majority of musicians on the planet couldn't care less about these things, so perhaps such a subject wouldn't appeal to members of this forum... but there you have it.

I'll be sleeping on it, for sure.

Kev

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:01 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

K Rex wrote:
My strength lies in the use of odd meters as compositional tools in order to create unique song structures. The majority of musicians on the planet couldn't care less about these things, so perhaps such a subject wouldn't appeal to members of this forum... but there you have it.

That sounds great to me. Those who do not care can watch it later, when they have learned to care!

Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:24 pm
Contributor
Contributor

I'd be interested to see you featured. Your posts are always intelligent and considered so I'm sure there's alot to learn, stick or no. There's no well established tapping forum other than stickist so non stick tappers so it is also by default the hangout for teflon tappers. There's also major skillset overlap, as anyone who owns different types of tapping instruments can attest to.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:43 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

K Rex wrote:
Quote:

Kev

Actually *I* would be interested in such a topic as it pertains to playing tapping instruments. I think most of us here are prog rockers, so most likely I am not alone.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:17 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

K Rex wrote:
Just yesterday, I told Jan I thought it would be best if we didn't speak, that total non-communication is preferable, to me and to every member of this forum.

You´ve told me lots of things during these last years. Things about how I look, nasty things about my family and plenty of neo nazi lies etc..... And you keep bringing me up regularly. Even when I was not even on the forum. And now you just did it again......

I´ve stopped listening to what you say these days. I don´t care much actually. But don´t try to look better than you are, Kevin. You´ve made people leave this forum, you´ve been nasty to rather many people. You refuse to apologize. You hand out free passes to Mark Warr, Traktor etc and go after Emmet and SE as often as you can. Greg, Dan etc..... You go after everyone you decide is your enemy. And now you want to do a appearance on FHF? After what I saw as a joke from Gene, "inviting" you and me.....? :lol: I laughed out loud when I read that. Gene. Funny guy. But, hey! Do it! Knock yourself out. ;)

Do you really think that we won´t communicate if you bring my name up over and over? Trying to make yourself look good? Wrong tactics.

-Mobilis in mobil-

Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:35 am
Site Admin

Chill pettiness, elevate conversation; or take it into the Lounge.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:57 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next