It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm

RECAP: Free Hands Friday #41: The Stickist 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post RECAP: Free Hands Friday #41: The Stickist
Today, Gene and I covered how to use this here now forum. Everyone reading this obviously has some idea of how to use the forum, but you may find tips which are new to you. Heck, they may even be useful!

Being Stick folks, of course, we also included jokes, poetry, and a bit of philosophy. I hope you enjoy the show!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZvtGZVXAWw[/youtube]

For the record, I have no idea why my voice is so quiet.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:49 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: RECAP: Free Hands Friday #41: The Stickist
Where was the invite? I never saw one on the announcement thread, and I waited until roughly 3:45 EST for an invite on my G+ account. Nothing.
Edit: This morning I found an invite on G+ that looks like it got sent at roughly 5:30 EST. Bad time for me.

http://www.facebook.com/LucBergeronMusic

Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:34 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Admin

Just watched the vid; too fun (from a geekmeister webmaster kind of way)! It's wonderful to see folks be active members, take ownership and shape our community here!

Free Hands Friday has generated quite a bit of content under the FHF topic, so I created a subforum dedicated to FHF. Enjoy!

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:44 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Luc wrote:
Where was the invite? I never saw one on the announcement thread, and I waited until roughly 3:45 EST for an invite on my G+ account. Nothing.
Edit: This morning I found an invite on G+ that looks like it got sent at roughly 5:30 EST. Bad time for me.

Gene had to deal with some things yesterday, I know not what. The delay just happened to work for my unscheduled difficulties, thus the show went on.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:05 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

One of the best feature about the website is that it has RSS. With an RSS reader, you can receive all new posts and all replies (except for The Lounge) in the reader. This is a great way to easily stay on top of things without having to go to the web page and search for new posts and new replies.

Once set up with an RSS reader, you can use it for any RSS enabled web page or forum. This is a great way to keep up with multiple pages/forums without having to visit each one daily. A huge time saver.

I use the free version of Feedly for an RSS reader so that I can read from any device. Feedly doesn't receive feeds as quickly as a standalone reader, but I think the trade off of reading anywhere is worth it.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:13 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

rwkeating wrote:
One of the best feature about the website is that it has RSS. With an RSS reader, you can receive all new posts and all replies (except for The Lounge) in the reader. This is a great way to easily stay on top of things without having to go to the web page and search for new posts and new replies.

Once set up with an RSS reader, you can use it for any RSS enabled web page or forum. This is a great way to keep up with multiple pages/forums without having to visit each one daily. A huge time saver.

I use the free version of Feedly for an RSS reader so that I can read from any device. Feedly doesn't receive feeds as quickly as a standalone reader, but I think the trade off of reading anywhere is worth it.

Thanks, Russell: this is but one example of why an outline would have been a good idea. :lol:

Firefox users can bookmark the RSS feed itself as a Live Bookmark, via a button at the top of the feed page itself, such that the Live Bookmark can be used as a bookmark folder which contains the RSS entries.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:42 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

I use Tapatalk to read the posts, great app to keep up with multiple forums :-)

Cheers,
Bas

Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:20 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Manny wrote:
Free Hands Friday has generated quite a bit of content under the FHF topic, so I created a subforum dedicated to FHF. Enjoy!

Thanks, Manny! I waited to give Gene a chance to respond first.

Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:49 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Very appreciative of being able to find all the FHF content here on the Stickist. I expect we will have a second edition of this - we gotz to get Luc in on it for sure. We can check out RRS functionality, messages and maybe some history on hot topics like 3 vs. 4, Traktor and maybe WTF is groove anyway....

Manny is mighty, no doubt. Thanks Manny :D

Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:21 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Guys, sorry, maybe it's not right place to ask, but how do I participate in FHF skype conversations? Do I need to be invited specially or smt?

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:18 am
Profile My Photo Gallery