It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm

RECAP: FHF #80 Open Discussion 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post RECAP: FHF #80 Open Discussion
Oh we have some good Free Hands fun for you this evening! Randy Clere joined us and shared some of his talent and time and what a fine time it was. We clocked in at only 70 minutes in contrast to the longer shows we've been having as of late so both Randy and Flint had to Audi 5 before we finished SO - we are thinking follow up sessions with Randy in the new year with emphasis on African music and polyrhythms.

Randy came to the Stick through Tony Levin. He's owned over 5 different Sticks, with his current Stick being a Bamboo Grand 12-string, stickup and using a Classic tuning with a high bass 4th - (he bragged about picking this up from Eric the Gray). Also, he digs a Helix and a QSR 12s and sub - all pro gear!

Randy shared some of his thoughts on approach with the emphasis on PATIENCE and DILIGENCE. He emphasized the importance of groove, which comes as no surprise as lifelong bassist. There was so much to cover, it's unfortunate that I sidetracked the discussion away from Randy.

We got to share a little bit else of what's going on in the community, including GEPH's new website and the upcoming FHA show at Lefty and Lopez's for the NAMM show. Steve Adelson, Japhlet, Emmett, Jeremy Cubert and maybe one more will be there. ALSO - Jeremy Cubert managed to get Robert Linn to agree to coming out so you can be sure there will be some musical pioneers there that night! Hopefully we'll get to hear plenty of the Linnstrument.

Special thanks to everyone that made it out, really a fine bunch! Boaz, Dan, Rodrigo (working on an album, going to be great!), Flint and of course Randy. All the best for a great Free Hands Friday!

Last edited by earthgene on Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:54 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: RECAP: FHF #80 Randy Clere
Sounds really great. About to have 5 weeks of summer holidays at home, I think I need to factor in some FHF watching. Fab that that you do this Gene. :)

Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:21 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: RECAP: FHF #80 Open Discussion
it is time u join us Bruce :)

#7159, Grand Railboard,Plum,
RMR tuning, MIDI melody.
Manufactured Dec. 2018

#2001,10 strings Shedua, MR tuning
Stickup, Fretrails
Manufactured March 2002

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqqNYL ... JdyVB5aBZQ

Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:48 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: RECAP: FHF #80 Open Discussion
Are there any clips of Randy playing on the net anywhere? Y'know YouTube or SoundCloud? I'd love to check out his stuff...

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:02 am