It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:00 am

RECAP: Free Hands Friday #74 The TAGG Interface 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: RECAP: Free Hands Friday #74 The TAGG Interface
Hi Gene, I was able to watch about half of it so fat. Good job! Informative. You've got me seriously considering getting one of these sometime over the summer.

How do you think it would it do for players that position their Stick a bit farther from vertical (e.g. Steve A., Nick Beggs, etc.)? Would it be a bit more susceptible to tipping?

You said you use it more as a practice tool. That's what it would be for me; a release from needing a belt...if I'm wearing sweats and want to spend a few minutes shedding, I wouldn't need to get a belt on (I don't play sitting). Since it doesn't move with your body, does the difference in feel create a disconnect between practice with the TAGG and performance with a lapdog or standing with a belt?

Do you know if anyone attending the Vancouver seminar has one?

Bamboo Grand #7363 MR ACTV2, Tarara Grand #5677 MR PASV4
Tap In Time Podcast: tapintime.podbean.com/

Sat May 14, 2016 9:14 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: RECAP: Free Hands Friday #74 The TAGG Interface
Hey Vic. People use it different ways. I was using the TAGG for performance, but I switched out the HD500x for individual pedals which made it challenging to access them with my feet. So, I found that I liked it best at home near my workstation. Very effective, great for quick practice sessions, even if just for 10 minutes a day.

After seeing the way Steve had his setup, I am having to totally re-evaluate the way I have mine set up. This would allow me to use the TAGG with my pedalboard. Here I was thinking I had it all figured out, cistech comes along and changes the game.... :D

The Stick is not top heavy, so even if you are using it a 90 degree angle, it is going to be firmly affixed to the stand. This is ALWAYS contingent on the location of the tripod legs. I may add a second video on the TAGG to illustrate this. So, my answer, no it is not more susceptible to tipping.

There are MANY players that like the instrument right up against them - I think that's great! The LapDawg and the Underdog are great options that allow you to retain that closeness. There is some separation with the TAGG, but it's just something you adapt to in the first hour of playing with it, then it feels quite natural.

Sun May 15, 2016 9:20 am
Profile My Photo Gallery