It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

RECAP: Free Hands Friday #70 Bach pt. 1 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: RECAP: Free Hands Friday #70 Bach pt. 1
earthgene wrote:

Rodrigo, you are on fiya! Always love to see the high quality videos that you produce - would you be willing to create a post on your video, sound and process for making such fantastic productions? The quality on these fantastic performances are stellar.

I am hoping to have the Minuet in G minor done in the next week, I knocked out the first measure of the B section last night.after this, I'll probably split my time / work on Minuet 2 in G major and Invention 8.

Hey Gene, sounds like a good idea. I'll try to make a description of how I putted the whole thing together. :)
How's the minuet and the invention comin'along? You should share that with us once you're ready :)

Sent by Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:53 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Invention 1 was part of the SOTW stuff I did a few years back. Next stop right now is Minuet in G Minor. I have 13 days to complete the second section of which I am 4 bars in - only 12 to go!

I have to dig out my Minolta so I can get some decent video. Would love to hear how you do those great productions - is that in another Bach thread? I can't keep track lolz. February is Bach month hehe!!!

Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:50 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

I have a really good recommendation for you Bach admirers..... try his 'Crab Canon'. It comes from a collection of contrapuntal works called the Musical Offering (a gift for a Prince, I believe)

Only 18 bars in length but the cool, VERY cool, thing is that when played from bar 1 - 18 it works in perfect counterpoint when played backwards from 18-1.
The extra cool thing is that you could play it at pitch, or an octave apart with either LH or RH taking either part.
It's a truly great piece of music that is both artistically satisfying (I assume, as I am yet to be able to play it!) but also a great 2 part counterpoint and technique workout.

And the ridiculous thing is, Bach improvised it! Imagine, if you will, the musical brain that can improvise something, know exactly where he is going enough to know that when it is played backwards it would work with what he was playing right at that moment......
Mind blown!

Wed May 04, 2016 7:59 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Crab canon - Needed when normal medication doesn't kill those little buggers. Get out the big guns!

Wed May 04, 2016 5:08 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Talking of Crabs...... I learnt, in 6th grade French that 'un morpion' is a slang word for a little kid (i.e. brat.) - it also means 'pubic lice' - here I am 28 years later still remembering that - some lessons are never unlearned........ sign of a great teacher I hear.

Wed May 04, 2016 7:29 pm