It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:56 pm

An Experiment 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post An Experiment
I saw this article thanks to a friend's Facebook post; I'm gonna give it a go and see what happens!
http://www.educateinspirechange.org/2014/01/heres-convert-music-432-hz.html

http://www.facebook.com/LucBergeronMusic

Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:19 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: An Experiment
I was kinda following it until it brought up the relation to the color spectrum and Chakras.

I also liked the guitar tuned in 440 Hz as opposed to the 432Hz. Probably conditioning on my part

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:16 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

A Stick player here in the UK told me about this about 18 months ago - he'd tuned his to 432Hz and was convinced it was better. I never really considered it at the time, but having read this article and seen a couple of videos, I am going to try it. I played the track of the guitar comparison to my fiancée and she definitely preferred the A432 version, saying it sounded more natural and easier to listen to. I agree, so it's out with the tuner.......

Thanks for posting, Luc, let us know how you get on.

-Marc-

Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Aside from tradition, there is no reason to prefer one tuning versus another, so if you like A=432 Hz, then go for it.

That being said, the articles explanation for why A=432 Hz is preferable is completely bogus pseudoscience. In the past I have actually used this as an example for my students of what pseudoscience is and how it is everywhere.

Quote:
432 Hz is said to be mathematically consistent with the patterns of the universe. Studies reveal that 432hz tuning vibrates with the universe’s golden mean PHI and unifies the properties of light, time, space, matter, gravity and magnetism with biology, the DNA code and consciousness. When our atoms and DNA start to resonate in harmony with the spiraling pattern of nature, our sense of connection to nature is said to be magnified. The number 432 is also reflected in ratios of the Sun, Earth, and the moon as well as the precession of the equinoxes, the Great Pyramid of Egypt, Stonehenge, the Sri Yantra among many other sacred sites.

This type of stuff is completely irrelevant. If you look hard enough for a number in nature you WILL FIND IT. You will also find many things in nature that cannot be described with that number. Conveniently those cases are rarely mentioned.

I suggest that you try this tuning, and use if it you like it. But please don't buy into the pseudoscientific explanations. Pseudoscience supports ignorance and hurts scientific knowledge. And it is the scientific knowledge that brings us technology that make really cool things like the chapman stick possible.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:09 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

varnon wrote:
Aside from tradition, there is no reason to prefer one tuning versus another, so if you like A=432 Hz, then go for it.

That being said, the articles explanation for why A=432 Hz is preferable is completely bogus pseudoscience. In the past I have actually used this as an example for my students of what pseudoscience is and how it is everywhere.

Quote:
432 Hz is said to be mathematically consistent with the patterns of the universe. Studies reveal that 432hz tuning vibrates with the universe’s golden mean PHI and unifies the properties of light, time, space, matter, gravity and magnetism with biology, the DNA code and consciousness. When our atoms and DNA start to resonate in harmony with the spiraling pattern of nature, our sense of connection to nature is said to be magnified. The number 432 is also reflected in ratios of the Sun, Earth, and the moon as well as the precession of the equinoxes, the Great Pyramid of Egypt, Stonehenge, the Sri Yantra among many other sacred sites.

This type of stuff is completely irrelevant. If you look hard enough for a number in nature you WILL FIND IT. You will also find many things in nature that cannot be described with that number. Conveniently those cases are rarely mentioned.

I suggest that you try this tuning, and use if it you like it. But please don't buy into the pseudoscientific explanations. Pseudoscience supports ignorance and hurts scientific knowledge. And it is the scientific knowledge that brings us technology that make really cool things like the chapman stick possible.

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for a more detailed response!

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:21 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Very good reply by varnon. Thanks!

Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:52 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I have to say that I tried it, and the only thing I got out of it was that I was playing in A-flat (sort of) instead of A. No change in my mood, feelings, or sense of well-being - although the strings were just a tad sloppier to the touch.
My carefully calculated and articulately worded response to it now:

Meh.

http://www.facebook.com/LucBergeronMusic

Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:34 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Luc wrote:
Meh.
+1!

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:33 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Per Boysen wrote:
Luc wrote:
Meh.
+1!

Meh!

Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:55 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

AndyJPro wrote:
Meh!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hX7g91s2jY[/youtube]

Last edited by Robstafarian on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:21 pm