It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:45 pm

Learning two hand tapping on standard tuning sb8 

Post Re: Learning two hand tapping on standard tuning sb8
Sooo... I ended up picking up a railboard tuned in classic. Im finding some standard chords are really hard to hit with the left hand. What tuning would some of you recommend, AND where do you find chord pattern and instructional material for tuning OTHER than classic?
Ps.. this is one challenging instrument! but im determined.

Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:15 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Just play.
Learn scales, and chords in each hand,

Use both hands together.

Learning material is rampant. Learn your left hand, learn your right hand, put them together, use Free Hands.

Clean pallette for the creator.
StIck...

Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:42 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

ixlramp wrote:
AnDroiD, sorry, i probably misunderstood you.

eyeballkid wrote:
I guess what my hangups is is if it's strung normal as opposed to center out then all the chord structure and fingering placement for notes are reversed from the natural hand shapes and note placements for all the instructional materials online.

Not really, because the whole instrument becomes one big melody side, so you apply melody side learning material to it. Of course, now you have 2 hands available for the melody region, which brings new possibilities, easier chord and melody playing, healthier technique, and you can still play 2 independent parts if you want.
Chords for the left hand take on the shapes that occur on a standard guitar, so are still playable.

rclere, i get the impression that eyeballkid actually wants a full range instrument, not a double bass instrument (?).

There’s a chord compendium that will tell you all you want to know The link was posted here some time back just search for compendium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:03 pm