Elite Contributor

Post Re: Em unveils The Railboard
Really cool. On all levels.

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:23 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Dan,
Have you ever used Izotope RX4 or any other versions?

Amazing software solely designed to filter out unwanted noise, actually ambient issues, hum buzz, and with some amazing modules within to restore and in some cases interpolate and replace artifacts.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/audio-repair/rx/

This is too momentous of an occasion not to emphasize the content clearly, and I agree with Rob, to obscure Emmett's announcement.

This is a moment in history and you are the contemporaneous historian. There will be other seque ways I am sure in your film that would need background instrumental for bumpers, but this zenith in the complete shift in production of the Stick should IMHO not be one of them.

This is the Railboard- the grand hope for the future and the price break that hopefully will get it into Guitar Center one day.

junkfood for thought,
Dave Brosky "DBro"

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:50 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

dbrosky wrote:
Have you ever used Izotope RX4 or any other versions?
Amazing software solely designed to filter out unwanted noise, actually ambient issues, hum buzz, and with some amazing modules within to restore and in some cases interpolate and replace artifacts. https://www.izotope.com/en/products/audio-repair/rx/

Thanks Dave. Izotope RX4 sounds like a worthy investment. You should have seen the hoops we went through to get the State Of The Stick sounding good. I asked an old friend to help with that one. Some of the best people on this list couldn't figure out how to fix that awful room air conditioner noise in the rec room at the AJU. Just the worst.

dbrosky wrote:
This is too momentous of an occasion not to emphasize the content clearly, and I agree with Rob, to obscure Emmett's announcement.
This is a moment in history and you are the contemporaneous historian. There will be other seque ways I am sure in your film that would need background instrumental for bumpers, but this zenith in the complete shift in production of the Stick should IMHO not be one of them.

This is the Railboard- the grand hope for the future and the price break that hopefully will get it into Guitar Center one day.

Don't worry, Dave. I get it. Thanks for your suggestion and your concerns. In the final film, we will be building up to this segment, to emphasize the magnitude of this moment. I envision this part to be intercut with other things, possibly interviews with Emmett and others who were there. Of course the key statements should be heard as clear as possible. It certainly would have helped if I'd been let in on the secret, that he was planning to unveil The Railboard there and then. I would definitely have had a lav mic on him and better sound prepared. As it was, I had no clue he was going to announce this. I didn't even have my camera on when he took it out of the case.

I do find significance that Gene was playing this song at the time. Sharing this was also meant as a tribute to Gene at this time for all he's done for bringing awareness and support to the Stick community. I still like it.

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:14 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

This moment in time is a key part of the current story. A transition from the past toward a hopeful future. I'm just glad I was there and lucky enough to have so much of it captured, including the brilliant concert that follows in the evening after this lecture.

Thanks for all your comments.

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:00 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Dan, my wish to have been a fly on the wall at the reveal has been answered. Thanks!

Fri May 01, 2015 5:08 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

greg wrote:
Dan, my wish to have been a fly on the wall at the reveal has been answered. Thanks!

You will see more.

Cinéma vérité is the "fly on the wall" style that this clip reflects. A purist form of cinema.

There's a cool entrance of Em and Yuta walking down the steps to the Mira Costa campus on their way to the Music building carrying loaded boxes of stuff, with Robin Shima Costin opening the door and welcoming them. Hugs all around from Bob, Tom and Leo Gosselin - JRJ, Gene and others into a music auditorium with students practicing. All in one continuous shot.

The concert was pretty groovy too.

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Fri May 01, 2015 12:27 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Applause!

Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:28 pm

Awesome :)

Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:42 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

shady wrote:
Awesome :)

Thanks.

Just a brief glimpse into a window of that event.

More to come.

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:18 pm