It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:24 pm

BIG BANG 
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post BIG BANG
Just a quick note to say how amazing I think Greg Howard's performance is in BIG BANG 4965

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRGyzplhu2w[/youtube]

I shot this on the first weekend of starting my documentary. And made a brief edit as my first exercise in Final Cut. It holds up well and the performance is truly inspired. All that music coming from one person. It's all improvised. It definitely should be watched with good sound. If you're in a meditative mood (open to listening) you will really appreciate the depth and subtleties of this grand performance. It's like a raga.

Bravo to Greg once again.

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Last edited by LADC on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:19 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: BIG BANG
wow. that's where i hope to be in 10+ years. too good.

greg, it sounds like virtual instruments going on, but i'm not seeing any midi on the stick. is it just effects pedals? those sounds are phenomenal.

help me out here =o)

Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:49 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

truly, an awe inspiring performance!
:mrgreen:

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:15 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

A work of Art........ Not a "look at what I can do" video, a great piece of music.

Sometimes we may forget what a great artist Greg is, because he shares himself (so accessibly) with us (the same goes for Emmett). Make no mistake Greg is a great musician.

Anyone else inspired by this video to hang with Greg in New York in Dec.?
I gotta say, there is no substitute for learning with this guy in a small group.

Thanks for sharing Dan

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:48 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I agree with Brett
I'm very grateful to the fact that players of greg's caliber are so accessible.
I smile every time I see a post from Emmett or see an email from him on stickwire. It's something you don't find on other instruments.
TO this day I look at greg's performance from Interlocken 2 years ago of "tomorrow never knows" ALL that pure melodic music from 10 digits ( in gregs case mostly 6 fingers )
Very inspiring
Thanks for the POST Dan

Tom

Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:39 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

@ Brett, all of what you said and more... He is also a leading educator and mentor of this wonderful instrument.... I SO appreciate ALL of YOU fine players here, of which i GET much INSPIRATION! :ugeek:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:53 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Thanks, Dan, for re-posting this, and for making such a great film. Thanks also for all the kind comments about it, everyone, it was truly a magical stage moment for me.

w8ing4thewindshield, there's no virtual instruments, just two Boss SE-70s (one for each side)
and the filtering is done with a TC Fireworx.

I haven't used the Stick as a controller for synths, but I just got a GK-equipped instrument, so I may be heading down that road sometime soon.

Here it is on YouTube, for easier sharing, etc:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOAuoCCwSQs[/youtube]

This is a great community, and I definitely feel privileged to share my experiences with all of you.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:34 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Great stuff Greg!
Love the dynamic range, the tonal changes and the tasteful use of the effects. Can't wait for our Skype lesson.

Tim

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:09 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Greg,
always a pleasure to see and hear you play... you are one of the pillars of the Stick community (elders?)... thanks for your generosity in spirit, education and the muse! :D

Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:31 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

rclere wrote:
Greg,
always a pleasure to see and hear you play... you are one of the pillars of the Stick community (elders?)... thanks for your generosity in spirit, education and the muse! :D

Hi Randy,

I hope I'm not old enough to be an elder! I'm only 47, I'm not OLD. But I take your comment in the spirit in which it was offered. Many thanks. I don't know if you remember the first time you came to a seminar in Vancouver. I credit you and Matt Tate with asking the right questions, the ones that got me into thinking more about hands and less about fingers.

Of course if that wasn't you, then you're probably right about the whole elder thing...

Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:44 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery