It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:32 pm

Web Based Funding Platform 
Site Admin

Post Web Based Funding Platform
Dan,

Have you thought of using this web based funding platform?
Came across this in my endeavors and thought of you.

"Kickstarter is the largest funding platform for creative projects in the world. Every month, tens of thousands of amazing people pledge millions of dollars to projects from the worlds of music, film, art, technology, design, food, publishing and other creative fields.

A new form of commerce and patronage. This is not about investment or lending. Project creators keep 100% ownership and control over their work. Instead, they offer products and experiences that are unique to each project.

All or nothing funding. On Kickstarter, a project must reach its funding goal before time runs out or no money changes hands. Why? It protects everyone involved. Creators aren’t expected to develop their project without necessary funds, and it allows anyone to test concepts without risk.

Each and every project is the independent creation of someone like you. Projects are big and small, serious and whimsical, traditional and experimental. They’re inspiring, entertaining and unbelievably diverse. We hope you agree... Welcome to Kickstarter!"

http://www.kickstarter.com/

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:41 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Web Based Funding Platform
There are other "fan funding" sites as well. CD Baby Podcast recently had a roundtable discussion on the topic, #099: Roundtable – Fan Funding. I can also recommend #098: Brian Meece – The Crowdfunding Manifesto. Some valuable knowledge spilled in these podcasts! Check them out at http://cdbabypodcast.com/

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:03 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

This one is sort of a kickstarter dedicated to musicians: http://enjyn.com/

Skype Me™!

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:05 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion and link Manny. A lot of documentary filmmakers go this route. I might give it a try when I have a new trailer. I'm working on a 3 minute high-impact trailer for A.D.D. attention span film audiences everywhere. :D

For those who've been wondering where I'm at with the doc... right now I'm just finishing up a DVD project with my concert footage of Emmett and other Stick performances. A formal announcement will be made very soon.

Thanks to those who've generously contributed and your patience. The documentary process can be a long one. For me it's been seven years since I started shooting at the San Jose World Stick Seminar in November 2003.

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:06 pm