It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:41 am

EMMETT documentary at Ventura Film Society Festival 
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post Re: EMMETT documentary at Ventura Film Society Festival
Amazing to see myself up close and personal, blown up on the screen, expressing my ideas and experiences as a young guy, an old guy, and somewhere in between, even transitions back to my early childhood. As life goes on, one becomes ever more knowledgeable and experienced, yet nothing really seems to change for me and all ages blend together. Strange, but that's particularly how my life feels (a fingertip exploration).

Amazing also to see the energy, inspiration and all around good will of the other Stick artists in Dan's "work-in-progress".

And yes, we had good attendance for the screening and sustained interest afterward during Dan's and my Q&A session with the viewers.

This was followed by a mini "Stick Night" with Don and Kevin and me taking turns at soloing on single songs. We played in the Ventura Elks Lodge lobby between the screening theaters, using just my Bose PAS (Personal Amplification System), "the smokin' stack". The sound was simple, clear, bright, and with the great bottom end of a pair of lightweight Bose woofers. We all enjoyed playing at this venue and an enthusiastic audience stayed late.

Many thanks to brother Dan for rising to the task and meeting the Ventura Film Society's deadline. Sincere thanks also to my friend Lorenzo DeStefano, the VFS Director, for having us there on the closing night of his four-day Film Festival.

Yuta and I enjoyed a midnight walk on the beach at high tide and a full moon. Pretty nice! Now back to reality as we know it. Emmett

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:28 pm