It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:18 pm

Stick Harp jam 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Stick Harp jam
I remember you talking about her. She really must have been a very special lady. The song is also beautiful and no kidding, you CAN sing! :) The force run's deep in your family ;)

Sent by Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:39 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

bachdois wrote:
I remember you talking about her. She really must have been a very special lady. The song is also beautiful and no kidding, you CAN sing! :) The force run's deep in your family ;)

Thanks Rodrigo. Your appreciation is deeply felt.
We've always had a strong European connection that came from our upbringing. My Grandfather, (her dad) was an opera-loving Italian immigrant, who came to the USA from Bari, deep south on "the boot." He was the source of our musicality. Giuseppi DiCosola was his name. They called him "Joe the singer."

As soon as Emmett was 18, he headed for Europe, and on that trip, he met Yuta. He hitchhiked across the US to NYC. Then worked there for a few months to save enough to take a boat to Europe. He met Yuta on that boat.

I was only 4 years old at the time. :)

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:16 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Hot fun in the summertime! Thanks guys!

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:11 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

LADC wrote:
bachdois wrote:

Thanks Rodrigo. Your appreciation is deeply felt.
We've always had a strong European connection that came from our upbringing. My Grandfather, (her dad) was an opera-loving Italian immigrant, who came to the USA from Bari, deep south on "the boot." He was the source of our musicality. Giuseppi DiCosola was his name. They called him "Joe the singer."

As soon as Emmett was 18, he headed for Europe, and on that trip, he met Yuta. He hitchhiked across the US to NYC. Then worked there for a few months to save enough to take a boat to Europe. He met Yuta on that boat.

I was only 4 years old at the time. :)

Did you guys ever had the chance to go and check out those roots in Bari? Must be fun, traveling to one's origins and get a feel from where we're from :)

All Links:

Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:05 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

bachdois wrote:
Did you guys ever had the chance to go and check out those roots in Bari? Must be fun, traveling to one's origins and get a feel from where we're from :)

Thanks for asking. I've never been to Bari, Have you? I would love to see what it's like there. Years after Giuseppi died, my mother found out that he had owned a building there in the city and she had legal rights to it. ...but... she... gave it away!!! Thanks mom. :(

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:43 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

:) never been there but... everything is beautiful in Italy ;)

Sent by Tapatalk

All Links:

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:38 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Excellent feature guys! classy.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:46 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Very soulful and well written Dan. Excellent voice.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:05 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Last Wednesday was a straight up 3rd grade play date! You know, you have a kid in your class and you both like handball (and maybe Jennifer Norian) and you both wear Vans. So you're thinking, we should do something after school and have fun? Your mom drives you there and then comes into the house with you and the moms talk for a bit and you're off with your friend and they're showing you their room, the backyard, maybe tripping on the delicious smells coming out of the kitchen (hoping there's no brussel sprouts for dinner). Yeah, while it wasn't exactly like that, it was close. That was the feeling that I got. It was good.

I wasn't even going to ask you to break out the harp and then I was asking myself, why did we wait so long to break it out?

The best part of the night was the whole night. I rolled in and already Yuki and Dan were preparing dinner. A hearty gulping Cabernet AND a boatload of excellent vinyl from which to choose? I'm in! I kinda forgot we were going to do anything but eat, drink and listen to music. Dan was attentive to every detail of the evening, I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and was wishing I could have stayed up all night sharing our favorite stories and favorite tunes.

Dan's wife is a walking encyclopedia of Jazz knowledge. Not an exaggeration. She was rattling off the lineup of early Weather Report albums, talking about taking the bus downtown to Tokyo, waiting in line for new Jazz records and sharing her appreciation of the people that love jazz. A loving, intelligent creative woman.

The evening was inspiring. This tune was just a small fraction of the fun we had that night - I'm so grateful you shared this with our Stick friends. I can't wait to have you and Yuki over to our place. We will do that again.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:51 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Whoa. Just listened to that track Dan. That is ready for radio. Good job man.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:56 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery