Elite Contributor

Post Re: Emmett interview for Stick Camp
Hey thanks!

Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:56 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

jaap wrote:
Thanks for posting, Dan, I enjoyed that!

very welcome

:D

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:58 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Y'know, that first little bit of Emmett playing, that's really really cool. I see that, and I think "Yep, THAT is how I want to play..."

I am probably alone in this, but when I see a guy who invented the instrument, just rocking out on the instrument he created, it is soooo inspirational. And that's not to say that any of the dialogue is secondary to that, it's just that seeing that little bit of playing is sooo influential every time I see it... to me, anyways.

It would be so cool if Emmett created a library of short clips of him rocking out and then you, like made a USB drive of them all for us to buy, or a download to purchase...

I mean, he plays every day, right? Why not videotape it and share it? Don't need no big production of it, just good audio and a clear view of the hands. His playing carries it however you want to present it... A cool side project for y'all, 'cause I know you aren't already super busy, lol

Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:17 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Jayesskerr wrote:
Y'know, that first little bit of Emmett playing, that's really really cool. I see that, and I think "Yep, THAT is how I want to play..."

...when I see a guy who invented the instrument, just rocking out on the instrument he created, it is soooo inspirational.

...It would be so cool if Emmett created a library of short clips of him rocking out and then you, like made a USB drive of them all for us to buy, or a download to purchase...

I mean, he plays every day, right? Why not videotape it and share it? ... A cool side project for y'all, 'cause I know you aren't already super busy, lol

I hear ya, Scott.

I've covered 13 years of concerts and performances by Emmett. I have many hours on video of him rocking out.

Emmett was a player first and a manufacturer second. Between 1969 and 1974, he was the only living person to be playing his own Free Hands technique. And everywhere he went, people were blown away.

From the start he had a lot of requests to make the instrument for other musicians, interested in playing the same way, but he managed to resist the call to delve into the manufacturing business for five years. Finally in 1974, with the encouragement from a friend up in San Francisco, he decided to start Stick Enterprises.

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Last edited by LADC on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

LADC wrote:
Jayesskerr wrote:

...when I see a guy who invented the instrument, just rocking out on the instrument he created, it is soooo inspirational.

...It would be so cool if Emmett created a library of short clips of him rocking out and then you, like made a USB drive of them all for us to buy, or a download to purchase...

I mean, he plays every day, right? Why not videotape it and share it? ... A cool side project for y'all, 'cause I know you aren't already super busy, lol

I hear ya, Scott.

I've covered 13 years of concerts and performances by Emmett. I have many hours on video of him rocking out.

Emmett was a player first and a manufacturer second. Between 1969 and 1974, he was the only living person to be playing his own Free Hands technique. And everywhere he went, people were blown away.

From the start he had a lot of requests to make the instrument for other musicians, interested in playing the same way, but he managed to resist the call to delve into the manufacturing business for five years. Finally in 1974, with the encouragement from a friend up in San Francisco, he decided to start Stick Enterprises.

Well, Christmas is coming... you can start chopping up that footage anytime you want... or you can just send it to me so I can hog it all to myself hahah

Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:53 pm