It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:27 pm

Hello from Santa Cruz! 

Post Hello from Santa Cruz!
Hello everyone, I have just recently discovered the wonder of the Chapman Stick, and am very interested in purchasing a used one. I'm not quite sure which type yet, I was hoping some aficionados such as yourselves could help inform me as to the difference/benefits of each type so I can make an informed decision. I greatly appreciate any help.

Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:50 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Hello from Santa Cruz!
:shock: I guess there won't be any problem with shipping :P

I think the most important thing is to try and play one to see, feel and hear what a Stick is
like. It really is a very different animal from a guitar or bass and even though The Stick
is played something like a piano with both hands playing independent parts it is really nothing like a piano :geek: So just a little heads up; at first blush it can seem very awkward to some.

I have seen drummers and keyboard players start playing right away but 'guitarists'
strangely, say "WTF" (it just takes them a while to 'get' that they don't need to pluck)

Greg Howard I believe started as a keyboard player...

So welcome to the forum. Since you are in Santa Cruz PM me and I can let you do a test drive.

:arrow: It is the beginning of a great adventure 8-)

jRj

P.S. "PM" is 'private message' ;little button at the bottom of the page ;)

http://jrjwhatifthepaintingshadsongs.tumblr.com/

Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:25 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Hello from Santa Cruz!
The guitarists 'wtf' reaction also comes from the fact that have to fret with the right hand (right handed peeps that is) and no open strings.

Cheers,
Bas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:39 am