It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:02 am

my humble intro... 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post my humble intro...
Since I'm pretty new on this board, about one week, I may as well get done with this presentation right away. I have no STick yet but ordered a 12 the other day; MR 5ths/4ths tuned light guage with a PASV4. It will plug into a laptop rig I'm now using with guitars, flute, sax and EWI (+ live looping appl). I'm looking forward to the STick because it allows me to run dual input patches and "playing two instruments simultaneously in improvisation" is the Stick vision that attracts me the most. I've been playing guitar since around 1970, periodically full time as hired touring musician (pop) or studio musician. However, even though people want me in groups etc I got quite frustrated with the guitar since I can hardly play it without sounding like Hendrix, Rypdal or general funk music... it felt like the land was too crowded and I was too locked into tradition to find a spot to build something new. So I picked up tenor sax on the side, while still being a guitar player in many bands. That was a great experience, playing a monophonic instruments and having to learn to imply chords by the choice of notes to form melodies. I had most fun playing in duos and trios, totally improvised music. Then around 2005 I got a big tax return and could buy an alto flute. This has sort of been my instrument of choice since then, at least for solo gigs where I build music on the fly with live looping techniques. Having a mic close to your mouth offers a big palette of sounds and the sine like tone is great for generating bass by electronic down pitching. At a tour in 2006 I was lucky to find an AKAI EWI 4000s in Carlifornia for a very good price (I'm constantly poor, hoping to make better use of time than money) and this is just an awesome MIDI instrument! Actually it is the reason I'm not tempted to get the Roland MIDI GK on my Stick ;-) I live in Sweden and make my modest living by playing, mixing, teaching and writing books and articles in Sw musician magazines.

(edited in this video five months later)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgRmKQ1iPRM[/youtube]

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Last edited by Per Boysen on Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:50 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Admin

Post Re: my humble intro...
Welcome aboard!

Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:20 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Welcome, Per!

I must admit, I have been learning a lot over the years from your regular posts on the SooperLooper mailing list.

I look forward to hearing what you will do with the Stick!

Take care,

Paul

Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:49 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Hejsan hejsan och varmt välkommen!! :D

MVH//Jan

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:30 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Welcome to Stickist.com, Per. You seem to have Music running through you in vast quantities. I look forward to hearing what you create on your new instrument.
Sean Rhys Stirling

Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:50 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery