It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:36 am

Greetings from Maryland! 

Post Greetings from Maryland!
Hey all! My name is Tim - I just bought a beautiful used Paduak 10-string Stick (#5010). A few years ago, I had a nickel plasma-coated Railroad that I played for about a year and a half, then decided to part ways with and focus entirely on guitar. But I’ve been feeling the itch to get back to tapping right about the time this paduak Stick popped up on Reverb. I know wait times for new builds are 2+ years at this point, so I jumped at the opportunity. Can’t tell you how excited I am to own one of these amazing instruments again - I’m especially happy this one is made of a beautiful wood, and is in pristine condition despite being nearly 20 years old!

My musical interests generally center around technical and progressive death metal … bands like The Zenith Passage and Fallujah. Cynic’s late bassist, Sean Malone, is actually the reason I became aware of the Stick in the first place. I have a long ways to go, but I hope to explore this space with the Stick.

I really appreciate the wealth of information on this forum, and what a tight knit community you all have developed. I hope to be able to contribute in some way. Thanks for allowing me to join!

#5010 Paduak Stick / PASV4 / Deep Matched Reciprocal

Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:17 am
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: Greetings from Maryland!
Welcome, Tim! I'm Ted, also in Maryland. I see you're based in Baltimore; I used to live there but I'm now just south-west from there, outside of the other beltway. There are a few other Maryland Stickists on the forum, too.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions, always glad to help!

And, enjoy the journey 8-)

#5484 Padauk 12 String Grand Stick, PASV-4 MR
#5727 Osage Orange 10 String Stick, PASV-4 MR

- Ted

Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:45 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Ted S. wrote:
Welcome, Tim! I'm Ted, also in Maryland. I see you're based in Baltimore; I used to live there but I'm now just south-west from there, outside of the other beltway. There are a few other Maryland Stickists on the forum, too.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions, always glad to help!

And, enjoy the journey 8-)

Hey Ted - thanks and great to meet you!
I am indeed based in Baltimore, but actually work down in Bethesda, so not too far from you! Very cool. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:26 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

cerodon wrote:
Hey all! My name is Tim - I just bought a beautiful used Paduak 10-string Stick (#5010). A few years ago, I had a nickel plasma-coated Railroad that I played for about a year and a half, then decided to part ways with and focus entirely on guitar. But I’ve been feeling the itch to get back to tapping right about the time this paduak Stick popped up on Reverb. I know wait times for new builds are 2+ years at this point, so I jumped at the opportunity. Can’t tell you how excited I am to own one of these amazing instruments again - I’m especially happy this one is made of a beautiful wood, and is in pristine condition despite being nearly 20 years old!

My musical interests generally center around technical and progressive death metal … bands like The Zenith Passage and Fallujah. Cynic’s late bassist, Sean Malone, is actually the reason I became aware of the Stick in the first place. I have a long ways to go, but I hope to explore this space with the Stick.

I really appreciate the wealth of information on this forum, and what a tight knit community you all have developed. I hope to be able to contribute in some way. Thanks for allowing me to join!

Did you post that Railboard here? There was a plasma up for sale a couple years back that I kick myself for not getting in the car and driving to it. "They don't make 'em any more."

Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:46 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

AnDroiD wrote:
cerodon wrote:

Did you post that Railboard here? There was a plasma up for sale a couple years back that I kick myself for not getting in the car and driving to it. "They don't make 'em any more."

Yes, that was me - I'm sorry to hear it still bothers you, hah! It was snatched up very quickly.
I had a different Stickist account back then that I barely used ... figured it would be best to start anew and be more active this time around :).

Sometimes, I regret having sold the Railboard since the plasma coating isn't offered anymore ... but I will say, after only having this paduak Stick for a couple days, a wooden Stick just feels "right" to me. The Railboard's reflective surface was constantly covered in finger smudges, too. Maybe I just have oily hands, who knows. It was a beautiful, monster of an instrument - don't get me wrong. Hopefully you get a shot at another one one day.

Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:25 am