It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:41 am

New W. NC Stick player, a long time coming. Hello! 

Post Re: New W. NC Stick player, a long time coming. Hello!
AnDroiD wrote:
Interestingly (or not) I ordered my bamboo 12-string DBR PASV4 with the GK installed on the Melody side. Just in case. So I toyed with it triggering my NORD LEAD II from time to time but never got INTO it. I eventually removed it, sold it to someone here, and purchased a ACTV2 p.u. after falling in love with Kevin Keith's sound (and playing style). My personal voyage. The PASV4 is back on full-time and I'm re-falling in love with IT. And when I want synth sounds I do a Tony Levin. Enjoy the voyage and always groove with the drums! You will definitely be suprised with the Stick once you get it in your hands.
p.s. We visited Ashville NC after the solar eclipse vacation my g.f. & I took (she's an artist/singer) and it was the COOLEST part of the vacation! If I were to relocate anywhere it would be there down in the old factory/loft section.
p.p.s. My band let me "take it out" by letting me start the show w/ Star Spangled Banner on fretless bass...Big Muff, Morley Wah, MuTron BiPhase, Roland Space Echo, teeth...the guitarist used to say, "Make our ears bleed, Marty. I was encouraged...

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement! Got any clips of that Star Spangled Banner? I could use some fantastic paint-peeling loud ampage here... :)

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:54 pm

Per Boysen wrote:
Welcome to the Stick world! The instrument changed my life considerably nine years ago when I got a Grand and soon after that an SG-12. The SG-12 has evolved into my main gigging instrument for church solo concerts, and more. But now I want a Railboard-12!

BTW, I too use an AxeFx-II and I'm totally happy with that.

Awesome! The SG-12 looks awesome too... I do think I've seen a fair number of your videos on Youtube as well... thanks for the welcome! Glad to be here!

I'd love to try an SG-12, but I do think that I would prefer to also have that bass range available for most of the band stuff I'm working in... all of these instruments are so cool :)

Also glad to hear that there are Axe Fx users here too, because I'm planning on using it exclusively for dual-processing the instrument... having a nice, self-contained solution would be great for this.

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 pm

Got a notice that my Grand Railboard is complete... Pictures to follow sometime mid next week. Super excited!

Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:01 pm