It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:00 pm

I made the leap, in blind faith... 

Post Re: I made the leap, in blind faith...
stickyfingers wrote:
Welcome. The Eighth Lake near Inlet, N.Y.?

Yes that's the place!

Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:39 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Eighth_Lake_Music wrote:
stickyfingers wrote:
Welcome. The Eighth Lake near Inlet, N.Y.?

Yes that's the place!

Dont live to far from there.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:41 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Hello again, everyone-

I am happy to report that my Rosewood 10-String Stick has arrived! It seems like a batch of them went out because I am seeing other folks mentioning theirs just arrived within the last month or so. Mine was a little later than expected but no complaints for such a beautiful, lovingly-crafted instrument.

In fact the timing is strangely good being under lockdown for the foreseeable future in New York state due to the virus. (Of course I do not mean to say that this pandemic is in any way a "good" thing but only that given such a strange and unfortunate turn events it is at least helpful to have this new Stick to work on to distract myself.)

With it having arrived I admit I am feeling suddenly intimidated by the prospect of learning it but all I can do is dive in.

I had expected to travel to Steve Adelson for a first lesson on just super basic technique, again impossible because of this virus. However I am reading his book now (along with Greg Howard's and Emmett's) and at some point will have to do a Skype lesson.

-8LM

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:02 am