It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:27 am

Hello, world, posting from CT USA 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Hello, world, posting from CT USA
Stickist previously known as Andy, I would wait on buying an older one. While the older instruments are well made, there have been a number improvements that should be a consideration when making a first Stick purchase.

36" and x-fret
Pickup options
New v. Older (and having to be sent in)
I am certain 10 other Stickists will chime in with reasons to consider a new one.

Of course, if you watch Brett Bottomley play, you'll just want to jump in a river and scream 'IT'S NOT FAIR". His instruments routinely melt in his hands he's so good...

If you can get some guidance from Brett, you are golden. He has had a few instruments over the years and would be a good judge of what would suit you best based on your explanation. We love the backstory.

Thanks for the good word on FHF. I miss making em, it's just, life...

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:05 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Kayso... insomnia (again) last night so I passed the time perusing the FHF playlist.

Caught the Kevin Keith one where there was discussion of the Railboard vs. wood Sticks... and what I heard makes me think the Railboard is a good choice for making the sound in my head as well as navigating the instrument.

But if the right deal comes along on something else, I certainly won't turn a blind eye.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:27 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Got to dive in my brother head first.most people who enter the mysterious world of Stick are blindly entering.someone mentioned just go buy new stick and get it on, their right. Buy once, cry once, get it done.by waiting for a fantasy good deal your just delaying your journey of the experience of being a Stick player.these instruments are expensive period..either your in or out.take the plunge were waiting for you. "Get it on "

Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:46 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Located a minty fresh Railboard (March 2017) that's been sitting unused in a closet and have come to an agreement. It's almost, but not quite, what I would have ordered for myself... going to need fresh strings and a setup to get the tuning I want, but I'm confident that the adjustments are within my skill set, thanks in no small part to Greg's excellent setup video.

Nothing is real until it's in my hot sweaty hands, but it looks like I'll be diving down the rabbit hole sooner rather than later.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:16 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

adouglas wrote:
Located a minty fresh Railboard (March 2017) that's been sitting unused in a closet and have come to an agreement. It's almost, but not quite, what I would have ordered for myself... going to need fresh strings and a setup to get the tuning I want, but I'm confident that the adjustments are within my skill set, thanks in no small part to Greg's excellent setup video.

Nothing is real until it's in my hot sweaty hands, but it looks like I'll be diving down the rabbit hole sooner rather than later.

Congratulations Doug, I'm sure you will never look back.with your strong musical background....

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:25 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

stickyfingers wrote:
Congratulations Doug, I'm sure you will never look back.with your strong musical background....

LOL... give a chimpanzee a typewriter and 40 years, and somewhere along the line it’s bound to produce at least a few recognizable words....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:06 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post INCOMING!!!
]Railboard #R6993, date of birth 3/17. Minty fresh... Apparently the owner saw Mark White performing in the UK and got bit by the bug, but never had the time to learn how to play it. Been sitting in a closet since new.

Almost, but not exactly what I would have ordered for myself. Currently tuned to RMR, will be going to MR when I get it. I would have gone for different inlays and tuners also, but that's just trivia.

The lifetime of learning begins.

My goal: Produce something that sounds sorta-kinda like actual music before I go toes-up.

Attachment:
IMG_1525.jpeg

Attachment:
24837249_10156276839841412_8015365841264062324_o.jpg

Attachment:
24837567_10156276849201412_6517857631708986789_o.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:05 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I’m in Connecticut if you need some pointers!

Good luck I look forward to meeting you and hearing you play!

Brett

Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:57 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: INCOMING!!!
adouglas wrote:
]Railboard #R6993, date of birth 3/17. Minty fresh... Apparently the owner saw Mark White performing in the UK and got bit by the bug, but never had the time to learn how to play it. Been sitting in a closet since new.

Almost, but not exactly what I would have ordered for myself. Currently tuned to RMR, will be going to MR when I get it. I would have gone for different inlays and tuners also, but that's just trivia.

The lifetime of learning begins.

My goal: Produce something that sounds sorta-kinda like actual music before I go toes-up.

Yay!!!! Stickwait is over!! And the long journey begins with the first tappy-tap! Rock it out and best of luck!

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:04 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Brett Bottomley wrote:
I’m in Connecticut if you need some pointers!

Good luck I look forward to meeting you and hearing you play!

Brett

Expect a call several months from now along the lines of "AAAGH!!! Why do I suck so bad?"

:lol:

I live fairly close to you so I'm sure I'll be able to make it one of your gigs at some point.

Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:42 am