It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 am

Awaiting my Stick ... 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Awaiting my Stick ...
piratebruce wrote:
I hope its a Plum Railboard because I just love them. :lol:
On approval to join,... seems lots of people join and then vanish in to the digital ether judging by the number of new members listed on the front page.
I don't envy Manny the task of keeping spammers off this forum. It's a daily, thankless task, for which we are the beneficiaries.

So...

Thank you, Manny!

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:06 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Thanks, All, for the well-wishes!

I'm not sure of the process, but after registering, it took a bit of time to be able to actually post - not a bad thing.

I ordered a 12-string Grand Stick, Rosewood, classic tuning, with the Stickup pickup. I originally selected a different pickup, but after hearing so much praise for the Stickup, went that root - and they were kind enough to change my order. I also ordered a Fishman Loudbox Performer, which came immediately.

Quick background ... I've wanted one of these for about 30 years. I've been a drummer, and have tinkered with acoustic guitar for a long time, but have never actually touched a Stick. The timing was right, so I finally got around to it. My plans are not to perform - always hated that - but to enjoy learning this amazing instrument and create music.

Again, thank you all, and I will post photos as soon as this beauty arrives.

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:22 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

danieldfultzphd wrote:
...My Stick should arrive in June, and I'm terribly excited….

…remember well, the situation, it comes to us all…
…keep smiling, june isn't soooo long away…

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:18 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Check out what drummers Konrad Park and Luc Bergeron do with the Stick. Stickup is a classic, good choice.

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:43 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I just viewed both drummers playing Sticks - very encouraging! Thanks for sharing their names.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:56 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Welcome Daniel! I've also come to the Stick after drumming for over 5 decades! I am just now 3 years in, and very happy with the entire process. This forum is great for info, friendship and camaraderie. I thought I would be ecstatic if I could play one song in 3 years, but I have about 30 or so now that I can stumble through. It's amazing how you don't know what you don't know! After 3 years I am finally starting to understand the geography of the Stick and how it all works so amazingly well.
As many others have already stated in other posts, do yourself a big favor and take lessons (I've been doing that for a while now with Steve Adelson). It will make your understanding and playing a lot better and faster. There are a number of very qualified teachers here on the forum. There are also plenty of self help videos and posts to get you going. I'm sure you will love it!
I didn't know what this instrument was but it was always in my thoughts after I saw one being played at a 'Blue Man Group' show; I finally researched it and bought one some 20 years later!
Most of all, have FUN!

12 String Padauk Grand #6693, Classic Tuning, medium strings, GK3 MIDI

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:32 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Welcome, it’s a great community!!!

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:12 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

What an amazing forum! Thank you all for such encouragement. It's almost March ... only a few more months to go ...

Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:35 am