It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

Hello from Bristol, UK 

Post Hello from Bristol, UK
Hiya,

I kinda introduced myself when I asked a question about amplification a couple of days ago... But now I shall say Hello in the proper forum ;)

I ordered a refurbished Stick on 1st December, s/n 882; this after a few in-depth conversations with Cambria back in November and about a year of research prior to that. I would have gone for a new model but my budget was blown after Brexit and the pound collapsing against the dollar, plus the import duties and tax are going to be expensive... But hey, I'm a happy man I gotta Stick man :) or soon will once the refurb has been completed.

I'm a keyboard/piano player so this'll be a new thing for me, but I'm looking forward to the musical challenge/journey.

Taking it steady,

Chris

Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:28 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Hello from Bristol, UK
I hope that you enjoy playing Stick. 8-)
Chris has 19 easy lessons for free.
http://www.thecrains.net/stick/
Chrispfingers wrote:
Hiya,

I kinda introduced myself when I asked a question about amplification a couple of days ago... But now I shall say Hello in the proper forum ;)

I ordered a refurbished Stick on 1st December, s/n 882; this after a few in-depth conversations with Cambria back in November and about a year of research prior to that. I would have gone for a new model but my budget was blown after Brexit and the pound collapsing against the dollar, plus the import duties and tax are going to be expensive... But hey, I'm a happy man I gotta Stick man :) or soon will once the refurb has been completed.

I'm a keyboard/piano player so this'll be a new thing for me, but I'm looking forward to the musical challenge/journey.

Taking it steady,

Chris

#404 Stick - (1978) Angico hard wood.
#6460 Railboard - Black with glow inlays.

Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:59 am

Thanks workspace. Will check out those lessons.....

Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:15 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Hey Chris, welcome aboard! You already have a leg up being a pianist, with the ability to do 2 separate things with both hands at the same time. I am a drummer, and had some of that, but very little music theory, which I am learning as I go along. One word of advise you will see repeatedly - take some lessons! It clarifies a lot when you start out, and you won't waste nearly as much time. I have taken a bunch with Steve Adelson on Skype (Lee Vatip), but there are a number of great teachers here. Any one of them will set you on a better course at the outset.
Cheers!
Rand

12 String Padauk Grand #6693, Classic Tuning, medium strings, GK3 MIDI

Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:21 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Welcome!

Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:59 pm