It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:40 pm

My Stick has arrived! 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: My Stick has arrived!
BrianG61 wrote:
ArmyDoc wrote:
Congratulations!

But it doesn't really exist in the cyber world till you post pictures, and those of us who are still waiting live vicariously through the posts of those who already have theirs so, post pictures!

:lol: Here's my first pick. Out of the box and on it's favorite stand. Notice the two Stevie's in the background ready to sing.

Sweet! Really nice man. Enjoy!

#6877 Rosewood, 12 String Grand, PASV-4, turquoise linear inlays and Pearl Gray tuners, tuned in Mirrored 4ths

Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:00 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hey Brian, that's a pretty good looking Stick ya got there! Ash?

I also can't help but notice your Lakota language books in the back. Where are you from? My girlfriend takes a Lakota class pretty much every summer.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:05 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

AndyJPro wrote:

I also can't help but notice your Lakota language books in the back. Where are you from? My girlfriend takes a Lakota class pretty much every summer.

I also notice this book in the back. I use this medicine to relief some muscle pain sometimes...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

https://alainauclair.bandcamp.com/

Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:09 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

AndyJPro wrote:

Yes, It's Ash with pearlescent blue inlay. Ever since I visited the Pine Ridge Reservation, some years ago, I've been interested in the Lakota language, and have been supporting efforts to revitalize it. Along with donating money I buy whatever learning materials I can. I tried teaching myself at home, but with nobody else to speak with in Philadelphia, it kind of took a back seat to other things. I'm assuming your girlfriend is attending the Lakota Language Consortium's Summer Institute? I've always wanted to go, but it seems geared for teachers not.....hobbyists like me.

Pilamayayelo
Brian

Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:27 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

BrianG61 wrote:
Ever since I visited the Pine Ridge Reservation, some years ago, I've been interested in the Lakota language, and have been supporting efforts to revitalize it. Along with donating money I buy whatever learning materials I can. I tried teaching myself at home, but with nobody else to speak with in Philadelphia, it kind of took a back seat to other things. I'm assuming your girlfriend is attending the Lakota Language Consortium's Summer Institute? I've always wanted to go, but it seems geared for teachers not.....hobbyists like me.

Yep, at Sitting Bull College in Fort Yates on the Standing Rock Reservation. It's about an hour's drive from Bismarck. She's part Lakota herself, and with a name like OmaniWi, she'd better learn the language!

She's told me about someone who goes there who lives in PA but I'm not sure where he's from. From what I've heard, there is a beginner level class where people with no prior experience attend all the time. I couldn't even fathom learning a language that difficult without someone to speak with. Some of those sounds are like they made it hard to say on purpose!

Add me on Facebook and we can talk more and I can direct you to her if you have any other questions about it.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:11 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

AndyJPro wrote:
BrianG61 wrote:
Ever since I visited the Pine Ridge Reservation, some years ago, I've been interested in the Lakota language, and have been supporting efforts to revitalize it. Along with donating money I buy whatever learning materials I can. I tried teaching myself at home, but with nobody else to speak with in Philadelphia, it kind of took a back seat to other things. I'm assuming your girlfriend is attending the Lakota Language Consortium's Summer Institute? I've always wanted to go, but it seems geared for teachers not.....hobbyists like me.

Yep, at Sitting Bull College in Fort Yates on the Standing Rock Reservation. It's about an hour's drive from Bismarck. She's part Lakota herself, and with a name like OmaniWi, she'd better learn the language!

She's told me about someone who goes there who lives in PA but I'm not sure where he's from. From what I've heard, there is a beginner level class where people with no prior experience attend all the time. I couldn't even fathom learning a language that difficult without someone to speak with. Some of those sounds are like they made it hard to say on purpose!

Add me on Facebook and we can talk more and I can direct you to her if you have any other questions about it.

Sure thing. I'll look you up.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:52 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

BrianG61 wrote:
ArmyDoc wrote:
Congratulations!

But it doesn't really exist in the cyber world till you post pictures, and those of us who are still waiting live vicariously through the posts of those who already have theirs so, post pictures!

:lol: Here's my first pick. Out of the box and on it's favorite stand. Notice the two Stevie's in the background ready to sing.

OOOO! Nice, nice, nice instrument! Yeah, I think another Stick along those lines are in my future...!

And I bet you are doing great man, just be sure to snag a few inet lessons from Greg, Steve, Bob, or Dave; Even if you just take a couple they'll help out a lot!

Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:32 pm