It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:44 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Stolen Stick 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Stolen Stick
I have also reported the item as being suspected of being stolen, and I sent a link to the forum thread, and copied the original text. Man, I hope you get your stick back. Maybe even some other folks will get their stuff back.

http://www.alliedmusicinstructors.com/Jeff.html

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:05 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I got this reply from the seller.

<<Dear comasj,

we are a pawnshop so no we are not the org owner it is a nice stick

- lonestar2409

Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.

To: lonestar2409
Subject: comasj has sent a question about item #120544220675, ending on Mar-26-10 09:41:48 PDT - Chapman Stick (Grand Stick) Guitar
Sent Date: Mar-19-10 13:03:52 PDT

Dear lonestar2409,

Hey, nice price on this Stick, what is it's condition, and why are you selling it? Are you the original owner? If not who did you purchase it from?

Thanks

- comasj>>

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:38 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Also reported. Must remember to inform my insurance company that I have an item with a value over the single item limit!!!!

Has anyone contacted the seller direct and told him he is selling stolen goods? If he values his positive feedback he might actually do something positive himself. If not, then just another %&*$+*

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:55 pm
Contributor
Contributor

surfindogg wrote:
Also reported. Must remember to inform my insurance company that I have an item with a value over the single item limit!!!!

!!!!!!!!!This should be on everyone's todo list. I have a waiver on both of my Sticks in my homeowners insurance. It will not get them back or keep me from having to wait to get them replaced, but I will at least not have to scrounge and save to get a new used Stick. I also hide them whenever I leave town. I keep a couple of cheap, easy to replace guitars out to decoy all the other equipment for any thieves :lol: .

10 String Paduak, PASV4, MR, #4858
12 String Bamboo, Stickup, MR, #5550

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:32 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

I do the same thing whenever I leave town. I also boobytrap the apt. Think "Home Alone" if Macaulay Culkin was on crack and had an endless supply of wide doubblesided tape, large sheets of gluetraps, motion sensors (everywhere) that when triggered will fry your hearing within 20 seconds, other things and oh yeah, Plenty of marbles. If they really want something, they're going to have to earn it. PS. if you knew where I lived you would understand.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:31 pm
Contributor
Contributor

bluedallas wrote:
Hi Guys:

The guy that is selling the stick has almost a 1000 sells. They are for everything under the Sun. Musical Instruments, power tools, silver and gold coins, he's an online pawn shop. He is passing dozens of items a month and keeps no store inventory.....So what does that sound like.

He's an online fence using eBay to enrich himself illegally and unjustly at the your expense. That's what it looks and sounds like.

SB8 Stick Bass #5509, Standard 4th Tuning, Rosewood w/Linear Inlaid Frets

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:00 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

jeffcomas wrote:
I have also reported the item as being suspected of being stolen, and I sent a link to the forum thread, and copied the original text. Man, I hope you get your stick back. Maybe even some other folks will get their stuff back.

Jeff you have no idea the level of s*** this guy has gotten himself into.

Regardless if the other transactions he's done are legal or not they're going to investigate every one of his buyers. The Nederland police probably have the largest stolen property bust in the history of their town.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

surfindogg wrote:

Has anyone contacted the seller direct and told him he is selling stolen goods? If he values his positive feedback he might actually do something positive himself. If not, then just another %&*$+*

No, don't. That'll tip him off and you'll never see that Stick again.

Don't let on you know it's stolen. Let this idiot twist in the wind for a while until the cops close him down. I don't want to see him get off on a technicality.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:05 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Quote:
we are a pawnshop so no we are not the org owner it is a nice stick

- lonestar2409

Maybe bluedallas should see if he can find out where this pawnshop is. Then make a visit with the captain.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:16 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

It wasn't a very good idea to contact the pawnshop guy.....You think he's gonna cooperate now......??????? OMG I was afraid of that.......That was not too logical you know. Confronting the guy puts the Stick back underground.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:25 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next