It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:35 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Stolen Stick 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: Stolen Stick
bluedallas wrote:
Thanks Guys you are great. The number of people sending me emails has been really fine. The Stick community is really cool...man. I had a search on within Ebay to notify me when a new Chapman Stick was posted for auction, so I knew about it, within an hour after it was posted, I knew it. I been layin' low...Ebay forces you to rely on local law enforcement. I been laying low cause I know that your enemy knows that he has been found out before he sees that he is. Things take place in the spiritual realm first then it manifest in the material world.

So for now I gotta let the local cops deal with it....It keeps me from rollin up real slow in my ride......with Misty Mountain Hop makin' the truck rattle and going real ganster on some dude.

Just out of morbid curiosity, bluedallas, did you pay more than $1500 for your Stick? :twisted:

I kind of feel sorry for this guy's buyers. If he's been trafficking in stolen merchandise and the other items he's been selling have been stolen as well there are going to be a lot of knocks on doors from their local constabulary.

Having looked over this guy's list of items he's sold on eBay I get the feeling this ain't his first rodeo. Some of the items he's sold just scream "fence".

I hope, for his sake, he's legit. On top of the jail time he's likely to recieve there's the matter of the fines that will have to be paid - and that's three times the value of the stolen property itself.

EDIT: Oh dear...

The penalty for recieving stolen property is imprisonment for not more than 10 years or a fine of not more than $15,000.00 or 3 times the value of the property purchased, recieved, possessed, or concealed, whichever is greater, or both an imprisonment and a fine if the property purchased, recieved, possessed, or concealed has a value of $20,000.00 or more.

SB8 Stick Bass #5509, Standard 4th Tuning, Rosewood w/Linear Inlaid Frets

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:05 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

It goes without saying really, but this guy is in deep sh.t. The apt. or house he lives in will be searched , and anything they find thats suspect will have to have a reciept before they clear it. Probably not the kind of spring cleaning this guy was hopeing for.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:14 am

I bought that 12 String Grand from the original owner on Ebay in 2003 for $1787.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Contributor
Contributor

bluedallas wrote:
I bought that 12 String Grand from the original owner on Ebay in 2003 for $1787.

To the unfortunate individual who's trying to sell your Stick on eBay:

SB8 Stick Bass #5509, Standard 4th Tuning, Rosewood w/Linear Inlaid Frets

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:02 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Hi Guys:

I need a favor. I've been to the cops for the second time. This time I talked to the Captain. He seemed a bit more likily to do something. So what I want now is for you guys to go to this link
. Go to the Report Item button, click on it and report that it has been verified stolen. I want to flood Ebay with the fact that it is.

The guy that is selling the stick has almost a 1000 sells. They are for everything under the Sun. Musical Instruments, power tools, silver and gold coins, he's an online pawn shop. He is passing dozens of items a month and keeps no store inventory.....So what does that sound like.

I WANT MY STICK BACK.......!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:50 am

Something went wrong with the link....Sorry

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1024

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:51 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Done!!! Are there any numbers we can call??? What does it take to get some response from the authorities??? Ebay has this guys address,what more do they need to atleast send a patrol car over there??

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:53 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

I just reported it too - let's make this happen!!

Eric

Bamboo #6277
Polycarb #2267

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:09 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Here's the reply I got from eBay - has a responding officer contacted eBay as instructed here?

Dear eBay Member,

Thank you for reporting this listing to us. We understand your concern
and be assured, eBay is also concerned with stolen items being on the
site.

Keep in mind that it is difficult for us to take action based on a third
party report alone. This is because we are not in position to
substantiate these claims. For this reason, we work with law enforcement
exclusively in these type of situations.

If you see an item on eBay that you think may be stolen, we encourage
you to contact law enforcement immediately. Tell the officer handling
the case that we will be pleased to cooperate in the investigation.

Once law enforcement has been notified of the concern, please forward
this message to them, and have them contact us as follows:

1. Go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_ ... ction.html

2. Select "Listing Violations," and then click the "Continue" button.

3. Select "Stolen property," select "You are a law enforcement
official," and then click the "Continue" button.

4. Click the "Email us" link.

We ask police officers to give us the case number, user ID, item number,
and anything else relevant. We cooperate with law enforcement by
providing records of listings and information about items that have
sold.

We appreciate your concern and your efforts in keeping eBay a safe place
to trade. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply
to this email and let us know.

Sincerely,

Chelsea
eBay Customer Support

Bamboo #6277
Polycarb #2267

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:13 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

I called ebay and .....are you sitting down???? got a real live person ,I explained what was going on and for them to go to this site. Hopefully, when they see that your stick was reported months ago as being stolen ,they will get things moveing in the right direction.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:16 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next