It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:55 am

Stolen Stick 1060* corrected serial 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Stolen Stick 1060* corrected serial
Too bad. I met Roman a few years ago and he’s busking all day long to make a living. No music = no dinner.
How can we help him?
I may have some photos of him busking, I will check them today in order to confirm the serial number.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:41 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

grozoeil wrote:
Too bad. I met Roman a few years ago and he’s busking all day long to make a living. No music = no dinner.
How can we help him?
I may have some photos of him busking, I will check them today in order to confirm the serial number.

In addition to information about his stolen instrument, Roman will certainly be grateful for information about possibility of buying in EU used 10-string Sticks with a bridge in reasonable price. His Lisbon friends promised him to borrow money for him. The impossibility of earning is one thing, but it seems that recently, after years of life corners, Roman went out to straight way, and without the possibility of exercise and creation can be with him differently again.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:09 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

mahabresq wrote:
grozoeil wrote:
How can we help him?

In addition to information about his stolen instrument, Roman will certainly be grateful for information about possibility of buying in EU used 10-string Sticks with a bridge in reasonable price. His Lisbon friends promised him to borrow money for him. The impossibility of earning is one thing, but it seems that recently, after years of life corners, Roman went out to straight way, and without the possibility of exercise and creation can be with him differently again.

I noticed with his stringing yes it will have to be
1) intonation adjustable Bridge
2) uniform fretting (ie no railboard scallop)

anything else that is required for his particular use??

Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:47 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

[/quote]

anything else that is required for his particular use??[/quote]

He is under the gun. He need a new instrument. If it has 10 strings, adjustable bridge and a reasonable price, Roman will accept any alternative regardless of whether it will be wood, graphite or bamboo.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:12 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

mahabresq wrote:

anything else that is required for his particular use??[/quote]

He is under the gun. He need a new instrument. If it has 10 strings, adjustable bridge and a reasonable price, Roman will accept any alternative regardless of whether it will be wood, graphite or bamboo.[/quote]

Sorry, I was just trying to address the technical necessities given not all sticks ill work or him
For example we can't get a railboard to him that wouldn't work with his stringing
Is there anything else besides those 2?

Since he's under the gun, I'd hate to wast time looking for something that wouldn't work

So I'd hate to waste time if there is another technical requirement

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:07 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

In addition to what you mentioned, there are no technical limitations in adapting Roman 3rd tuning to Stick.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:18 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

begin again wrote:
oh - any idea if the custom merkers are inlays or just sticker?

just want to know if someone might try to alter the appearance.

And yet about the characteristic signs of a lost instrument:
- these additional triple dots are permanently installed,
- Stickup has a hole in the upper corner. This is a remnant of the mono switch that once was added,
- fret rods, bridge and belt hook are in very bad conditions,
- instead of foam in the center of the case you can see traces of a fire.

Unfortunately, life didn't caress either with this stolen Stick and with his owner.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:38 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Couldn’t we put up a crowdfunding campaign to help him? I don’t know how those things are functioning, but would be happy to help him a little. As some of us here I guess.
Roman is a very nice person, we hanged out when I visited Lisbon. He’s a very skilled player, a bit shy but after a while very friendly, and you can feel that due to the busking way of life, he’s living permanently on the edge.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:02 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I understand perfectly the point of grozoeil on this situation. Here, in Dominican Republic, many people would say in spanish "no se puede robar el machete"...that means you can't steal someone's tool who is using this to earn his money for living. Thiefs ignore completely this concept. They just want to get fast money by stealing others...shame on them.

https://alainauclair.bandcamp.com/

Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:35 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Well, whoever stole this instrument is going to try to sell it pretty soon - they will realize that it is a very specific instrument that comes with a tight-knit community that watches for new and used instruments like a hawk. I hope that the culprit just gives it back after they realize that it's specific and traceable nature makes it very difficult to fence...

Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:41 am