It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:59 am

Stolen Stick 1060* corrected serial 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Stolen Stick 1060* corrected serial
grozoeil wrote:
Couldn’t we put up a crowdfunding campaign to help him? I don’t know how those things are functioning, but would be happy to help him a little. As some of us here I guess.
Roman is a very nice person, we hanged out when I visited Lisbon. He’s a very skilled player, a bit shy but after a while very friendly, and you can feel that due to the busking way of life, he’s living permanently on the edge.

I don’t know either but it could make a difference... he’s starting to raise money for a new stick.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:40 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hi Everyone. So I've been talking to Rafal, aka mahabresq and he suggested I create a fundraising link on Paypal. I won't get into to much details but Roman is a fragile man, who doesn't speak English, doesn't have a family and his entire estate is a chapman Stick that got stolen. He is a busker so, no stick, no food on the table. He is over 50 and does not have a credit card or a bank account. If I created such an account, would you guys trust me to handle the money you would eventually give him to buy a new stick? I have no wish to add this to all of the things I already have to do, plus, whatever the money raised, it won't make anyone rich so, no point in stealing it :) Etiher way, most of you don't know him, or me for that matter, so I'm asking first. No point in spending too much energy on something if it's not going to make a diference. Any other ideas are welcome. Paypal seems the easiest but I'm guessing there are a lot of different ways to do this. Any thoughts?
Rodrigo

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:52 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

I'm OK with it, but would GoFundMe be a better option?

Bronze Railboard #7145, Classic

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:10 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I'd contribute.

Bamboo Grand #7363 MR ACTV2, Tarara Grand #5677 MR PASV4
Tap In Time Podcast: tapintime.podbean.com/

Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:28 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

I will too, and would like to ask the AFSTG to do so as well.

I remember him as a fragile man indeed for whom the stick seems everything. Sometimes I’m scary to have my only stick stolen, and i would feel very bad as I can’t afford a spare instrument, even if I’m playing stick and make money with it as a living.

I think a lot of us can contribute, even a small part, to help him as some helped Steve a few years ago.

bachdois, i think you are the most relevant to raise the money, many of us know you ;-)

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:15 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery