It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:05 am

I'm afraid you are mistaken. 

Post I'm afraid you are mistaken.
Dear Mitch, If you can buy a "real" Warr Guitar for $1600.00, I highly suggest you do so. Also, Mark Warr himself makes the Austin Douglas Models.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:48 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: I'm afraid you are mistaken.
I did :)
It's a matter of luck actually. I bought my 12 string Raptor (active Barts, padauk top and ebony fingerboard according to Jim Wright) with it's flight case for less than that on ebay 3 years ago...
Sam your axe is very nice and, if you are not in a hurry, you should be able to sell it around the price you want.
This is a forum of mostly stick players so there is less interest in other instruments...

Good luck with your sell!

Cheers, Daniel.

PS: Regarding the "real" part. The Raptor (like I have) was the first attempt for Warr guitars to do a 'budget' instrument, Austin Douglas was their second. I believe the problem was that people started asking "custom" features in these instruments like 4 PU in your instrument or special woods and active electronics in mine, which defeated the purpose of having a "standard" budget line and achieve a large production scale and keep the costs low.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:36 am