It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:10 am

SOLD - (3) RaQ 550 Servers For Sale 
Site Admin

Post SOLD - (3) RaQ 550 Servers For Sale
Three (3) Sun Cobalt RaQ 550 web/email servers for sale. Used, excellent condition and well maintained. 1 server is PIII 1.0 GHz, the other 2 are 1.26 GHz, all 3 have 1 GB RAM, 80 GB x 2 HDD in RAID 1 and mounting ears. OS Restore CD and instructions included.

Info and specs on these servers at:
http://www.sun.com/hardware/serverappliances/raq550/

$650 or best offer for all 3. Thanks!

Here is more information about the servers and additions to the sale.

The 3 servers listed were my backups, so they spent a lot more time offline than online, which I'm keeping 2 servers (I have 5 of these) that were my main ones. These 3 servers are pretty much crispy clean re: the OS. I did OS restores, all updates/patches and install of various support packages, e.g., security, spam assassin, PHP/MySQL/Perl upgrades, backup. I was the only user and the only one with root access.

These servers are ready to go for your web, email, FTP, etc. needs. All you need to do is change to your IP address via the server's front panel controls, then access the admin control panel via your browser.

I'm also including 2 CD's I just burned, which includes lots of goodies from my work with the servers and lots of time spent on the RaQ550 listserves and boards.

CD #1 content: OS Restore ISO; this is the solid/preferred OS restore version; 259-3894-13-RaQ550.iso

CD #2 contents:
  • RaQ 550 Server User Manual
  • OS Restore CD Instructions
  • RaQ 550 Restore Checklist; my adaptation, includes install order of updates/patches and links to all patches/packages that are still available on Sun's FTP site
  • Auto-download all update packages shell script
  • Auto-install all update packages shell script
    • Updating all patches after an OS restore typically takes about 30 minutes with very minimal amount of user input using these shell scripts with the command line, bypassing all the crazy numerous web admin GUI inputs
  • Support applications in the RaQ 550 .pkg format with GUI in web admin control panel (below are also already installed on the servers):
    • Backup System
    • Mailscanner with Clam-Antivirus
    • Security - firewall, chkrootkit, port scan, fcheck, etc
    • SpamAssassin
    • PHP upgrade, phpMyAdmin
    • SSH upgrade
    • Webalizer
    • OpenWebmail

$650 OBO for all 3 servers. Local pickup or you pay shipping.

Of course, you can blow it all out and install a different OS like CentOS/BlueQuartz.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:08 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Admin

Post Re: (3) RaQ 550 Servers For Sale
Willing to sell each server individually with the CD's for $250 each, local pickup or you pay for shipping.

PM me if interested, thanks!

Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Admin

Price dropped to $600 for all 3.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:18 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Admin

Price dropped to $225 each server (includes CD's) or $575 for all 3 servers and CD's.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Admin

Priced dropped to $200 each (includes CD's) or $525 for all 3.

Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:11 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery