It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:19 am

Rocksmith for xbox played with a Chapman Stick 

Post Rocksmith for xbox played with a Chapman Stick
has anybody ever tried playing this game with 2 players? now what would happen if each player was one of your hands. you connect both usb-trs cables to the stick. sounds interesting has anybody tried it?

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:30 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Rocksmith for xbox played with a Chapman Stick
I meant to try playing Rocksmith 2014 with my Railboard, but I have not done it yet. I suspect that the algorithm which determines which string(s) you are playing would be very confused, not to mention the detection of notes (given the Stick's harmonic structure) and playing dynamics.

This is all the more concerning because Rocksmith 2014 never reflected the tonal differences among my pickups and pickup combinations.

Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:05 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Heh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who plays Rocksmith with a Chapman Stick. It's a fun game and a neat way to learn new tunes and bass lines etc. I've never tried it with both sides at once though. Seems like that might require a lot of mental gymnastics what with the tuning differences etc. Might be worth trying if I ever get a second cable...

Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:59 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

hah!

I remember I used to get drunk with my guitar playing friend and we would each play one side of the Stick. That was actually a lot of fun. There was something uniquely "bonding" about two people simultaneously playing the same gear...we both got in synch very quickly, and actually made some really cool jams.

jeepers - when that is re-read it really seems to imply a lot of things that I am not actually saying... :oops:

Thank god gay marriage is legal now!!
8-)

Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:22 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

I just did this last night. worked perfectly. It should be noted, the tuning requires the correct pitch but while performing you can hit any octave you like. So it order to tune I had to pluck the "open" muted string to get the E on the melody side. Other than that it is super fun.

Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:58 am