It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:51 am

Jazz concepts and the Stick 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Jazz concepts and the Stick
Tritone,
Steve is right, if you have courage please share your music. In the past I have agreed in part with some of your arguments and have explained where I think you were wrong. In this case you have insulted an artist and seem unwilling to specifically point out your dislikes. Just implying that someones music is BS is cheap, explain your beef and SHOW US HOW IT'S DONE. It takes guts to put out your musical vision, Steve has released 3 CDs how many have you released? No one expects everyone to love their music and honesty is fine but have the decency and the courage to say who you are and let us hear your vision.

Brett

Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:52 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

I believe this is our Bostonian beau -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfkm_AFoKY8

Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:17 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

You've got to be kidding.
So Tritone is this your true identity?
Nice.

SA

Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:14 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Thanks for the input, Emmett, it gave me some ideas to explore ;)

Bruno

Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:53 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

tritone wrote:
Not much of a shocker to hear Mr. Adelson advocating being a musical parasite.

The purpose of music or any artform is to create. If you want to be a serious musician explore your creative mind. If you want to be the musicial equivalent of a vaudeville act then by all means follow Steve's advice. Cause it's all about the presentation. Good luck to you.

I listened to The Bad Plus' version of Iron Man and I thought it was very creative. Is it not artistic or creative to take something that already exists and recreate it in some way? Make it your own?

Was Andy Warhol being a parasite when he created art from Campbell's Soup cans or boxes of Brillo Pads?

Was Jimi Hendrix being a parasite when he played his version of the Star Spangled Banner?

Jim

Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:47 am

Man called "Tritone", you look so angry ...

I could reply to you something like this.
We are all, as musicians (or as artists), parasites of creative minds, parasites of talentuous geniuses who came before us and showed us some unexplored way, unexpected way of practicing music.

What are you defending Tritone ? Pure expression of creative music ? Essence of spiritual mind for art ? But what is concerned with your "pure creation" ? Have you heard about this famous piece from John Cage, 4'33" ? Is this music or not ? Is this conceptual philosophy expressed through "music" or real genuine "musical" creation ?

Maybe just an hoax ? Anyway and whatsoever, this "hoax" has been performed and played several times by Philarmonic Orchestra of England. And broadcasted through English TV channels ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HypmW4Yd7SY&feature=related

Just tell me what you think about this video : I am anxious to know your opinion about ... So we can have later constructive chat, maybe ...

"I have nothing to say and that's what I am saying" (John Cage)

Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:54 pm