It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:50 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 New Stick Tech video: comparing the Stickup, ACTV-2 & PASV-4 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: New Stick Tech video: comparing the Stickup, ACTV-2 & PA
Thanks for that, Greg. Would you (or anyone else) care to venture a guess what a Railboard with a Stickup might sound like, and is there any prospect of such an animal becoming available in the future? For my purposes I like the sound of the Stickup, but the slightly wider Railboard string spacing might suit me a little better than my current 'narrow' 10 string.

Max

Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:00 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Max, have you thought of a 10-string Grand? It gives you the wider spacing and more pickup options...

Rosewood Grand, PASV4

Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:58 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

sagehalo wrote:
Max, have you thought of a 10-string Grand? It gives you the wider spacing and more pickup options...

Except there's the small bummer with the 10-string Grand, no Stickup because of string spacing :(

Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

maxr wrote:
Thanks for that, Greg. Would you (or anyone else) care to venture a guess what a Railboard with a Stickup might sound like, and is there any prospect of such an animal becoming available in the future? For my purposes I like the sound of the Stickup, but the slightly wider Railboard string spacing might suit me a little better than my current 'narrow' 10 string.

Max

The Stickup is too "deep" for the depth of the Railboard. I really like the sound of the Railboard pickup, very warm and well-balanced..

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:50 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Greg said:

Quote:
The Stickup is too "deep" for the depth of the Railboard. I really like the sound of the Railboard pickup, very warm and well-balanced..

Ah, so that's why it won't be an option - thanks guys!

Max

Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:14 am

Hi Gregg, I didn't read this whole thread so I'm sorry if you already answered this question. I have the original PASV-4 pickup on my graphite grand 12 string. Does the newer version of the PASV-4 sound any different from the original?

BTW I haven't been on the boards for several years. I forgot my password and forum name and had to re-register. So I'm not a new member ... just a member that's been gone for a long time. :) I've recently had time to rediscover my Stick and well ... here I am again! 8-) My name is Ray!

Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:34 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

BTW, this is rrlavigne. I found my old user name and password so I'm going back to that as I have a lot of forum history.

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:54 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

rrlavigne wrote:
Hi Gregg, I didn't read this whole thread so I'm sorry if you already answered this question. I have the original PASV-4 pickup on my graphite grand 12 string. Does the newer version of the PASV-4 sound any different from the original?

BTW I haven't been on the boards for several years. I forgot my password and forum name and had to re-register. So I'm not a new member ... just a member that's been gone for a long time. :) I've recently had time to rediscover my Stick and well ... here I am again! 8-) My name is Ray!
Hi Ray,

The filtering is a little bit more demonstrative, and the most trebly position is more of a bypass.

Other than that they sound the same. Good to see you back!

Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:51 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

greg wrote:
rrlavigne wrote:

Hi Ray,

The filtering is a little bit more demonstrative, and the most trebly position is more of a bypass.

Other than that they sound the same. Good to see you back!

Thanks Greg for the info and the welcome back!

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:06 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

what a great and usefull vid ! :D

#7159, Grand Railboard,Plum,
RMR tuning, MIDI melody.
Manufactured Dec. 2018

#2001,10 strings Shedua, MR tuning
Stickup, Fretrails
Manufactured March 2002

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqqNYL ... JdyVB5aBZQ

Fri May 01, 2015 8:35 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next