It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:54 pm

G.A.S dilemma: SG12 or NS-Stick? 

Post Re: G.A.S dilemma: SG12 or NS-Stick?
i don't know, they just don't see whats special about them. i don't see them as sticks their more as and 8 string guitar. i want a stick that is actually a stick. i'm not against others having them, but i prefer regular sticks.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:59 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Check out Don Schiff and Gary Jibilian on you tube. I think between them,you can see just what the range of possibilities are with the NS. I'm in the process of paying mine off. I know that they are slightly harder to tap than a stick,atleast thats what I've heard here. I wanted an instrument that allowed bass playing tecniques as well as tapping,plus being able to fill more space. The NS,I'm pretty confident will fill my needs. Like EVERYTHING in life,you get out of it ,what you are willing to put into it.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:30 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

I've been in the same shoes recently - SG12 or NS. However, after listening to what I've been doing (solo stuff) I think I'm leaning towards the SG12...abilty to have dual-gutar type parts or if need be put a POG2 on one side to fill in a bass type role. There is a lot going for it.

I would love to try an NS and like the idea that I could fit it in the band very easily...but the SG, well, I think that is going to win out.... That said - Don and Gary really tear up the NS - it is definately a worthy instrument! Ah if the lottery would only smile at me..... :)

Dave

[color=#0000CC]http://www.ambientstickist.com

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:14 pm