It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:50 pm

Stick Servicing Between Owners 

Post Stick Servicing Between Owners
I'm looking at buying a second-hand stick from the USA. Because I live in Australia, I won't get an opportunity to look at the stick before I buy it, and to assess its condition personally.

I understand that Stick Enterprises offer stick servicing and repairs, and that sticks are often sent there between owners for string changes and refurbishments. As such I'm considering having the stick sent to Stick Enterprises before it gets shipped to Australia, so that they can check its condition, put new strings on it and possibly perform a minor repair.

Do you have any experience with shipping sticks to SE between owners? The main thing I'm worried about is un-declared faults turning up after I've bought the stick. Does this happen often? How much do common problems with sticks cost to have fixed?

Also, is there any sizable waiting time for these services, or are SE generally able to perform them fairly quickly?

Thanks in advance,
Angus

Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:16 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Stick Servicing Between Owners
You could have the owner send the Stick to SE for an evaluation before you pay. But with all the hassle of shipping to Australia, the seller will likely pass and sell to someone in the States. It's not like there is a huge supply of Sticks. Even old ones go for close to new prices.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Post Re: Stick Servicing Between Owners
Another option is to contact SE and ask them if they have any refurbished ones for sale. I haven't had any personal experience but apparently they buy second-hand sticks and make them almost as good as new.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:55 pm