Not a Chapman Stick? 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Not a Chapman Stick?
Jan and Hector are not the same person.
https://www.youtube.com/@sprugian/videos
https://www.youtube.com/@HectorHellion/videos

Balt-A-Sar wrote:
....So the thing comes up again....anyway, the player is Hector Hellion, that's a pseudonym...for Jan Laurenz....Jan claimed to have sold his stick to a no name player, just Hector Hellion...who in turn is said to have developed this level of tapping skills in a legendarily short time...Bullshit, Jan tried to make his name big for some time, but it went probably too slow for him.... I suppose he then developed the feint with Hector Hellion, a reboot so to speak....Hector is masked, and it's clear why, Jan doesn't want to be recognized....he wants to come out big and fast...the stick also has to be hidden, because otherwise there's the danger that Jan will be found out...crazy story, isn't it, but I'm pretty sure that's how it happened....how I know that, just compare the game, the music, the style etc. of Jan with Hector.... the result can only mean it's one and the same person...years ago I posted this in an abbreviated version on the french stick forum where I'm a member of the forum under the same name....my remarks at the time didn't go down too well...never mind, statute of limitations is statute of limitations...and Jan is allowed to do anything Hector does and vice versa, that's perfectly ok...just a pity that Jan's career was apparently more important than music, with a bit of patience he could well have earned his place....

#404 Stick - (1978) Angico hard wood.
#6460 Railboard - Black with glow inlays.

Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:59 pm