It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:22 am

Swapping Pickups - Any Tips? 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Swapping Pickups - Any Tips?
BTW, I used wood screws for my ACTV2/PASV/4 switch. I don't have a drill-press so I was reluctant to do exacting drilling on my bamboo (soft "wood") for the machine screws that Emmett used. So I did your standard wood screw pilot holes, and tighten them "just-so". I don't switch-out pu's that often, I get on a "kick" from time-to-time. (Thank you Kevin Keith for "screwing" with my mind)

Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:36 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I have PASV-4 on all my Sticks and also an extra Stickup for temporary replacement when needed. Emmett made extra holes to make the Stickup fit with screws, but it is smaller than the wide PASV-4 so it looks rather ugly with the Stickup. I think the Stickup is about a similar size as your ACT2V, so these points might be of interest. But I like the Stickup sound. And I actually also like all the PASV-4 sounds. Since I play a lot of solo concerts I need the PASV-4 in order to change tone during my playing, something you would have to rely on pedals to do with a different pickup. So to me, the PASV-4 is a workhorse hard to beat :-) A more "electric guitar-related" tone, I would say.

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:10 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

ACTV2 and PASV4 are the same exact dimensions.

Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:18 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

AnDroiD wrote:
BTW, I used wood screws for my ACTV2/PASV/4 switch. I don't have a drill-press so I was reluctant to do exacting drilling on my bamboo (soft "wood") for the machine screws that Emmett used. So I did your standard wood screw pilot holes, and tighten them "just-so". I don't switch-out pu's that often, I get on a "kick" from time-to-time. (Thank you Kevin Keith for "screwing" with my mind)

For a drill press I used a Dremel “drill press” and removed the belt hook so the Stick lays flat on the metal plate to drill the pilot holes. The hard part is to align the rest of the instrument. I have a Stewart Mac neck rest and used something else that I’ve forgotten to get it all precisely square with the Dremel.

Just remembered, I took a pic, just used the Stewart Mac neck rest off the Fender matt

https://sb.smugmug.com/Music/Music-Related/i-v2r49rx

Graphite Grand Stick MR
NS Stick Wenge body Wenge neck
Bamboo Grand Stickup

Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:34 am