It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 am

The PASV/4 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post The PASV/4
Maybe this will help anyone with "issues" w/ this pickup:
I have been using my ACTV2 pu for at least a year, and the PASV4 had been put away, wrapped in it's own little bag, pristine and fully functional.
I put it on the other day.
Tone switch didn't switch tones, pu selector switch intermitent, vol., same.
I've been here before, but I was REALLY worried about the tone control. It was not switching (to my ears). So I take the knobs off and spray the Radio Shack Cleaner and Lubricant in there, and eventually get things working again.
While it's off the Stick, you know how those pu adjustment screws get. Tiny allen wrench feels like it's gonna snap. Take a soda bottle cap, spray a little WD-40 in it, dip a toothpick and dab the screw threads from the back of the pu mounts, (just enough to where you see it penetrate) and give them a turn. It works...
Except my bass-side bridge pu is floating around, not connected to the back plate. This can't be right.
So I remove one of the other pu's just to be sure. Yeah, it's mounted to the plate. I don't know what adhesive/glue is used to bond those pieces together, but looks pretty thin and innocuous.
So I pull out the Crazy Glue and give it a couple of dabs.
Seems to be holding. Put those tiny screws thru those tiny Rubber grommets.
THAT ARE TOTALLY SMUSHED AND COMPLETELY USELESS AT THIS POINT IN THEIR LIFE.
Anyone find an alternative for those fuckers? Or just go down to the hardware store for some "stock" rubber grommets?
It's a good thing my pu heights don't seem to need tweaking those grommets are shit.
Anyway, hope this might help someone. Put electronics away working, and the Elves come out to play...
Oh, by the way, every patch that I've been using for the ACTV2 on my PODX3 sounds MASSIVE w/ both sides bridge pu's. I'm having a ball.

Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:11 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post Re: The PASV/4
A comprehensive hobby shop may have tiny grommets. The kind used to float miniature servos in small RC model aircraft. You also may find something suitable by browsing the McMaster-Carr site https://www.mcmaster.com/rubber/grommets/

Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:57 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Captain Strings wrote:
You also may find something suitable by browsing the McMaster-Carr site https://www.mcmaster.com/rubber/grommets/

Everyone should make note of the McMaster-Carr site. It can save your butt. It has saved mine many times over. Not only do they have a ton of hard-to-find stuff, their site is one of the best sites I've ever seen for filtering through the ton of items they have and finding (usually) exactly what you want.

Screws, nuts, bolts, brackets, plastic, metal and composite rod and sheet. Bearings, pillow blocks, screw eyes, chain, cable, gears. You can spend hours just picking through all the stuff they offer.

Rosewood #1027 Baritone Melody, StickUps
Blue Railboard #7228 Matched Reciprocal, EMG block

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:47 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Thanks, boys, for the McMasters site. Down the rabbit hole.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:19 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery