It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:48 am

Hedging my Bets (Reverb vs Stick Ent.) 

Post Hedging my Bets (Reverb vs Stick Ent.)
There is a new stick in my future. I will be placing an order with Stick Enterprises pretty much as soon as I have a job (should know by Monday or Tuesday of next week). But, and it's a big but, I'm not getting any younger and I don't particularly want to wait for 18 - 24 months for my new instrument.

So, I plan to shop on Reverb while I not so patiently wait.

Now, here's the quandary. I want a Railboard (haven't decided Grand or not, yet), and an NS/Stick. What I'd like to do is see which gets put up for sale more often and order the other one from Stick Enterprises. Unfortunately, I don't see a way to view closed sales on Reverb. Someone mentioned that it could be done, but I can't seem to find it. Is there such a feature on Reverb, and if so, where is it?

Thanks in advance!!

Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:32 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Hedging my Bets (Reverb vs Stick Ent.)
Hey there ThinkMethod - it can be done and we're here to help.

Browse for Chapman Stick on reverb and then look for the ALL FILTERS button towards the top of the page. Select this and the from the right side navigation menu, scroll down and find "SOLD LISTINGS".

(apparently I shout when I reference a button on a webpage)

This is the URL it will render, but be warned, if you follow this link you'll see what you were looking for, but not know how to get there.

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=ch ... _sold=true

So I recommend finding it using the process above.

Lots of Chapman Sticks for sale here - you can follow the search so you are notified when something becomes available. Definitely check out the Tnt and FHF sessions on buying used Sticks, pretty solid advice there.

Keep us posted and good luck on the search - cheers.

Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:59 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Post Re: Hedging my Bets (Reverb vs Stick Ent.)
Thanks Gene!

Looks like 3 out of the 26 Sticks sold (31 listings, ignoring brochures, books, and non-Stick instruments leaves 26) were NS/Sticks, and I just missed one of them.

The odds seem to be that I should order an NS/Stick from Stick Ent. and keep an eye on Reverb for anything else.

Tnt I assume is the Tap In Time podcast.

What's FHF?

Edit: Nevermind, it's Free Hands Friday

Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:11 pm