It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:13 am

String gauge and tuning choices 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post String gauge and tuning choices
So, looking ahead to working with Greg's "Tapping Into Bach", I ordered a set of BM strings for the Railboard I had on order. Then as it turned out, I was able to find a used 10-string rosewood already tuned to BM, so now I have two Sticks in different tunings.

However, I noticed that for some reason, despite the fact that my Railboard was ordered with medium-gauge strings, that the BM string set I ordered are light gauge. I can't recall if I ordered light instead of medium for a reason. :roll: I'm also not sure that I'm ever going to switch from MR on the Railboard, although I've seen many players indicate that BM has become their preferred tuning.

So, I'm trying to decide if I should hold onto this string set on the off-chance I decide to re-string the Railboard, or if I should pass them along to someone who can use them now, and order a set of medium-gauge BM that I can either use on the rosewood when it's ready for a string change, or for the Railboard if I decide I prefer BM.

Thoughts, suggestions, dope-slaps are all welcome! :lol:

Rosewood #1027 Baritone Melody, StickUps
Blue Railboard #7228 Matched Reciprocal, EMG block

Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:36 am