It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:22 pm

One Stick to rule them all 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: One Stick to rule them all
I was recently diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis. I've been on disability insurance for the last few months, so I have lots of time on my hands. I finally installed internet at home and Amazon.ca has become my new best friend. My taste in music has changed a bit. I still play either my Railboard or vintage Stick daily but lately I've been playing my guitars more than ever. I have a PRS Custom 24 that sounds really sweet but I watched a video of a Gibson Les Paul that had a certain sound that was driving me crazy.

So, a few days ago I purchased a beautiful Gibson Les Paul and have been setting it up for that ultimate tone. I've created a really great tone with it, but not the one that I was originally looking for. I had already ordered some Burstbucker pickups and push/pull volume/tone knobs for it, but I like this one exactly the way it is. So, I might have to purchase yet another guitar when those new components arrive. Too much time on my hands...

I'm using all of this music time as a distraction from my illness. Myasthenia Gravis is an illness that I wouldn't wish on anyone. It is somewhat controllable but it really affects my quality of life. Thank God for music, to make the world a better place.
waltschwarzkopf wrote:
As I try to find my place in music, meaning that I started with guitar, moved to bass, then guitar, now starting to learn piano, which is all good for versatility. But, when I play with other musicians I find myself most comfortable playing the bass, so I'd say that my stick would be the SB8 or Stickbass.

#404 Stick - (1978) Angico hard wood.
#6460 Railboard - Black with glow inlays.

Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:17 am